Printer suggestions ( AutoCad )

Hi there. Has anyone got a few good suggestions for a new A2 or A3
printer ? My A2 Canon BJ330 stopped after 10 years and I replaced it
with a A2 Canon S9000. The S9000 has now lost it's head after 3 years so
I'm in dire straights at the moment as I'm not able to do any printing (
AutoCad ) Feedback from the web suggests that it's not worth replacing
the head due to Canon's prices ... that I can well believe. Colour is
not too important .... more of a bonus really. My budget is limited in
that it's happened at a bad time but I need to move quickly to get work
out ... sorta like a Catch 22 situation.
TIA.
Bernard.
Reply to
Bernard Rother
Bernard, I've been using an HP Business Inkjet 2800 for the past few years with great success. It prints up to A3+ (330x483). Some features that make it nice to use include rear and tray feed capability as well as separate, easily replaceable, print heads. My model has 2 trays, one loaded with A2, the other with A3. There are two on eB*y for $150US each. Paul
Reply to
pmind
Bernard Rother wrote in news:8pqdnatQ- snipped-for-privacy@saix.net:
Maybe look around for a reconditioned or ex gov/corp A3 HP Laserjet? I scored a cheap 5Si which is doing great service. Toner module will cost a bit but good for 15,000+ pages.
Reply to
Troppo
I bought a HP 5000GN with 5000 sheet 8 1/2 x 11 drawer and a 250 sheet 11 x 17 drawer used with less than 13000 sheets total usabe for $400 with nearly empty print cartridge. I traded the cartridge and $100 for a recycled one. Hard wired into my network as a printer that all the computers can use...that's the reason for the 500 sheet drawer...office printer. Prints sharp, dark lines. Picked it up from Ebay a couple of years ago. I also have a HP 750C 24 x 36 plotter I picked up from Ebay for less than $1000, replaced the cartidges, put in a wireless printer port and use it for some of the larger drawings. The other office printer (not used much) is a TI color printer/fax/copier/scanner that I sometimes use for smaller color prints that is also a network printer. I'd suggest that you look at laser printer. If you really need color. there's atabloid Lexmark 1200N laser printer on Ebay with a "buy it now" of $399.00 + $195 shipping; a HP 5500N wide format with a "buy it now" of $949+free shipping. OR do a plain laser..HP Laserjet 5000N Tabloid with a "buy it now" for $299.95+69.95 shipping A black and white tabloid printer will take care of most printing projects I have. R. Wink
Reply to
rwwink
Thanks for all the suggestions so far ... will have to file them for now. At 4 this morning I found a tip on the web about pressing the start & resume buttons with cartridges and head removed. Then installed old head followed by inks. Shes's working now but with a couple of black lines missing from a nozzle test .. not too bad tho. Canon South Africa wanted $218 for a replacement head and also informed me that they only had one in stock. For about $350 I can get a Canon iX4000 A3 printer !! Holding thumbs. Bernard.
Reply to
Bernard Rother
Epson 1400
Bernard Rother wrote: