Printer suggestions ( AutoCad )

Hi there. Has anyone got a few good suggestions for a new A2 or A3 printer ? My A2 Canon BJ330 stopped after 10 years and I replaced it with a A2 Canon S9000. The S9000 has now lost it's head after 3 years so I'm in dire straights at the moment as I'm not able to do any printing ( AutoCad ) Feedback from the web suggests that it's not worth replacing the head due to Canon's prices ... that I can well believe. Colour is not too important .... more of a bonus really. My budget is limited in that it's happened at a bad time but I need to move quickly to get work out ... sorta like a Catch 22 situation. TIA. Bernard.

Reply to
Bernard Rother

Bernard, I've been using an HP Business Inkjet 2800 for the past few years with great success. It prints up to A3+ (330x483). Some features that make it nice to use include rear and tray feed capability as well as separate, easily replaceable, print heads. My model has 2 trays, one loaded with A2, the other with A3. There are two on eB*y for $150US each. Paul

Reply to
pmind

Bernard Rother wrote in news:8pqdnatQ- snipped-for-privacy@saix.net:

Maybe look around for a reconditioned or ex gov/corp A3 HP Laserjet? I scored a cheap 5Si which is doing great service. Toner module will cost a bit but good for 15,000+ pages.

Reply to
Troppo

I bought a HP 5000GN with 5000 sheet 8 1/2 x 11 drawer and a 250 sheet

11 x 17 drawer used with less than 13000 sheets total usabe for $400 with nearly empty pr>Hi there. Has anyone got a few good suggestions for a new A2 or A3
Reply to
rwwink

Thanks for all the suggestions so far ... will have to file them for now. At 4 this morning I found a tip on the web about pressing the start & resume buttons with cartridges and head removed. Then installed old head followed by inks. Shes's working now but with a couple of black lines missing from a nozzle test .. not too bad tho. Canon South Africa wanted $218 for a replacement head and also informed me that they only had one in stock. For about $350 I can get a Canon iX4000 A3 printer !! Holding thumbs. Bernard.

Reply to
Bernard Rother

Reply to
Jerry G