raster help

is there a setting that will allow text to be visible in a rendered image... either exploded or not?? I am making some fairly complex instrument panels, and need to display them in a couple different configurations with different enclosure designs & I can't seem to get any text to come out. TIA

Rob

Reply to
Longshot

If you're talking about vector(eg:ACAD) to raster BetterWMF

is an avenue. ACAD can export to Adobe Acrobat by configuring to it's driver.

Reply to
RonB

The *easiest* way is probably to use a bitmap within a material. I haven't done it for a long time, and when I did, it was with Accurender, but I believe the idea is the same. (See the ape face material that comes with Acad.)

Beyond that, you'd have to have something to convert text to 3D objects (solids, faces, etc.). I had an app that would do it, but I don't even remember what it was called. It was pretty impressive, I'll say that. It may have came with Accurender. It would take any text you created on your system, and turn it into 3D objects.

HTH

Reply to
TomD