Setting default state of custom dialogue button

I have a nice a routine by M. Jenkins called ddlist.lsp (and ddlist.dcl) which was published in a CAD magazine some years back that will let you pick a nested object and show all it's properties in a dialogue box output. It's similar to Express Tools xlist command but it can go deeper finding nesting properties. My problem is there is an action_tile that is either checked or unchecked to determine if nested objects are picked and it starts out unchecked when the command is first run. Well, I almost always want the box checked, so I was hoping to change the code or the action_tile definition somehow to have the button checked by default and let me uncheck it on the rare occasions I wish to list properties of unnested objects. Any dialogue box programmers out there who would be willing to help?

Thanks in advance, Edgetrimmer

Reply to
Edgetrimmer

I'd suggest changing the dcl. If you can decipher the tile names (not likely too difficult), it should be simple to change the default value for the tile. The help has plenty of info on DCL control. (If I knew the code off the top of my head, I'd post, but I'd have to look it up, too.)

If you look into this a bit and are still totally stumped, repost.

Reply to
TomD

In the dcl file under the desired toggle enter a line of value = "1";

Reply to
Jim Claypool

Thanks for your response. I looked a little earlier for help on DCL control and didn't find it in AutoCAD 2004. I know there used to be something in help about it a few versions back.

Regards, Edgetrimmer

Reply to
Edgetrimmer

Thanks for the tip. I tried adding value = "1" to the DCL file portion of the program and it did indeed set the box to checked by default but the lisp code doesn't respond to the box any more. The object listing given is now the unnested results everytime and unchecking the box isn't retained. I guess I will have to look into the logic of the lisp routine some more.

Regards, Edgetrimmer

Reply to
Edgetrimmer