Converting to PDF

I work for a large company and I'm doing some research on converting
our AutoCad drawings to PDF. We will need to convert 600+ drawings on
a weekly basis. I've been testing AcroPlot and this seems to do
exactly what we need it to do, but I don't know much about the program
beyond this.
Is there a standard program that is generally used? Any other programs
that will do the same things but better? I want to recommend the
product that will be best for us in the long run.
Thanks for any information.
Melissa
Reply to
maledictine
The "standard" application for this is Adobe Acrobat (full version, not the free Reader). Acrobat is a full-fledged creator, editor, and manager for PDF files, and tends to be favored in "professional" shops.
However, there are a number of low-cost and free alternatives for those who wish to simply create PDF files and don't need all the other bells and whistles. Use whatever serves *your* needs. ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill
600+/weekly? No brainer, Acrobat Standard or Pro. End of search..
Reply to
RonB
"Paul Turvill" skrev i meddelandet news:wtmdndegLtX snipped-for-privacy@whidbeytel.com...
Is there any totally free PDF-making-program, without any waterstamps or anything else? Tomas
Reply to
Tomas Gustafsson
Search for PDF995, thats free! Or try Plot2PDF

designer
Ok, PDF995 is free, but there´s some popup-window. Plot2PDF is only a 30 days demo? Tomas
"designer" skrev i meddelandet news:btnbke$js0$ snipped-for-privacy@news5.svr.pol.co.uk...
Reply to
Tomas Gustafsson
So spend ten bucks to register it. Sheesh. ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill
I guess I could, but I live in Sweden and have no credit card... sorry! Tomas
"Paul Turvill" skrev i meddelandet news: snipped-for-privacy@whidbeytel.com...
Reply to
Tomas Gustafsson
I use PDF995, so it tries to connect to a web site. Just cancel it...............................
Reply to
designer
There used to be one called ottopdf. It's probably still out there somewhere.
Reply to
laptop
How about PDF-XChange 3.0?
teroj
Reply to
Tero Järvinen
I toyed with Acrobat, but it seems as though you have to use Distiller to convert CAD drawings. And I don't see a way to convert in batch using Distiller. Am I missing something?
Thanks for the help!
Reply to
maledictine
Use the Distiller or PDFWriter printer devices. Set up the one you prefer as a system printer in AutoCAD; then you can 'print' to PDF directly from the Print/Plot dialog, or using any Batch Plot utility. ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill