'shortcuts' in ACAD 2006

I have just started using AutoCAD after 15 yeras on a unix based system, and am trying to get my head round the prog (and there is a lot to take
in!).
On my old cad system, it was possible to allocate a key do do several things, e.g. pressing '1' would change to linestyle x, colour y and lineweight z
I think I have grasped the concept of aliases, most of which which appear to be 'Ctrl+key'. Can I assign single keys to replicate the above?
Any help greatfully received.
Phil.
Many are already predefined as 1, 2 or more characters followed by enter or space. for example o is for offset, t is for text block etc
Mochyn Brwnt :8( wrote:

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 13:08:42 -0400, JG wrote:

Thanks for prompt reply. Where do I find a definitive list of these shortcuts and how to modify?
Cheers.
I dont know if it is located in a different place in AutoCAD 2006, but I have 200 and you can find it bu selecting Help from the menu, and clocking AutoCAD help. Under the Contents Menu, select Command References and then Command Aliases. This should give you an extensive list of commands to enter in the command prompt.
Mochyn Brwnt :8( wrote:

Search for acad.pgp or go to Tool->Customize->Edit Program parameters
HTH Juergen

message

I, too, just started using 2006. The file you want is acad.pgp. Itis there and hard to find...it is buried in the program files. Use help for Alias Commands or something like that. You can edit it to what you want, but make a copy of the orig. file to save, especially if it is not your pc and belongs to the company. Shirley
The aliases are contained in a file who's name varies depending on the release. Old systemsad.pgp
However, getting one key to do what amounts to a number of commands will have to be done through other means as aliases are single commands only. You will have to write scripts or lisps to do what you want then (maybe)assign a key stroke for that lisp. I do that sort of thing a lot and it really speeds things up if you find yourself doing the same thing repeatedly.
A lisp that contains a couple of command calls is very simple to learn how to do. Check the help. I have a bunch you can look at and modify to suit you on my site.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca
On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 11:38:56 -0400, Michael Bulatovich wrote:

Thanks for all the pointers, guys.
Phil.
Hi Phil, Here are some of my Ctrl+Key shortcuts.
***ACCELERATORS toglguide ["F4"] [CONTROL+"Left" ]midpoint [CONTROL+"Right"]center [CONTROL+"Up" ]endpoint [CONTROL+"Down" ]intersection [CONTROL+"L"]^c^c-LAYER [CONTROL+"K"]$M=$(if,$(and,$(getvar,pickadd),1),'pickadd 0,'pickadd 1) [CONTROL+"Q"]^c^cDTEXT [CONTROL+"E"]^c^cDDEDIT [CONTROL+"D"]^c^cDIST [CONTROL+"M"]^c^cMENULOAD [CONTROL+"S"]^c^cSCRIPT [CONTROL+"B"]^c^cBLOCK [CONTROL+"W"]^c^cWBLOCK [CONTROL+"H"]^c^cHATCH [CONTROL+"I"]^c^cINSERT [CONTROL+"P"]^c^cPEDIT [CONTROL+"N"]^c^cPURGE [CONTROL+"O"]^c^cOPEN [CONTROL+"R"]^c^cREDO [CONTROL+"U"]^c^cU [CONTROL+"X"]^c^cCUTCLIP [CONTROL+"C"]^c^cCOPYCLIP [CONTROL+"V"]^c^cPASTECLIP
You can revised the commands to suit your needs. After that you include this accelerators to the bottom of acad.mnu or any menu you are using. Then detached and attached again your menu to take effect
Good Luck