'shortcuts' in ACAD 2006

I have just started using AutoCAD after 15 yeras on a unix based system,
and am trying to get my head round the prog (and there is a lot to take
in!).
On my old cad system, it was possible to allocate a key do do several
things, e.g. pressing '1' would change to linestyle x, colour y and
lineweight z
I think I have grasped the concept of aliases, most of which which appear
to be 'Ctrl+key'. Can I assign single keys to replicate the above?
Any help greatfully received.
Phil.
Reply to
Mochyn Brwnt :8(
Many are already predefined as 1, 2 or more characters followed by enter or space. for example o is for offset, t is for text block etc
Mochyn Brwnt :8( wrote:
Reply to
JG
Thanks for prompt reply. Where do I find a definitive list of these shortcuts and how to modify?
Cheers.
Reply to
Mochyn Brwnt :8(
I dont know if it is located in a different place in AutoCAD 2006, but I have 200 and you can find it bu selecting Help from the menu, and clocking AutoCAD help. Under the Contents Menu, select Command References and then Command Aliases. This should give you an extensive list of commands to enter in the command prompt.
Mochyn Brwnt :8( wrote:
Reply to
Chell
"Mochyn Brwnt :8(" wrote in message news:18375hlqipdgw$.16oufa7krxuon$. snipped-for-privacy@40tude.net...
I, too, just started using 2006. The file you want is acad.pgp. Itis there and hard to find...it is buried in the program files. Use help for Alias Commands or something like that. You can edit it to what you want, but make a copy of the orig. file to save, especially if it is not your pc and belongs to the company. Shirley
Reply to
S. Smith
The aliases are contained in a file who's name varies depending on the release. Old systems=acad.pgp
However, getting one key to do what amounts to a number of commands will have to be done through other means as aliases are single commands only. You will have to write scripts or lisps to do what you want then (maybe)assign a key stroke for that lisp. I do that sort of thing a lot and it really speeds things up if you find yourself doing the same thing repeatedly.
A lisp that contains a couple of command calls is very simple to learn how to do. Check the help. I have a bunch you can look at and modify to suit you on my site.
Reply to
Michael Bulatovich
Thanks for all the pointers, guys.
Phil.
Reply to
Mochyn Brwnt :8(
Search for acad.pgp or go to Tool->Customize->Edit Program parameters
HTH Juergen
Reply to
Jürgen Palme
Hi Phil, Here are some of my Ctrl+Key shortcuts.
***ACCELERATORS toglguide ["F4"] [CONTROL+"Left" ]midpoint [CONTROL+"Right"]center [CONTROL+"Up" ]endpoint [CONTROL+"Down" ]intersection [CONTROL+"L"]^c^c-LAYER [CONTROL+"K"]$M=$(if,$(and,$(getvar,pickadd),1),'pickadd 0,'pickadd 1) [CONTROL+"Q"]^c^cDTEXT [CONTROL+"E"]^c^cDDEDIT [CONTROL+"D"]^c^cDIST [CONTROL+"M"]^c^cMENULOAD [CONTROL+"S"]^c^cSCRIPT [CONTROL+"B"]^c^cBLOCK [CONTROL+"W"]^c^cWBLOCK [CONTROL+"H"]^c^cHATCH [CONTROL+"I"]^c^cINSERT [CONTROL+"P"]^c^cPEDIT [CONTROL+"N"]^c^cPURGE [CONTROL+"O"]^c^cOPEN [CONTROL+"R"]^c^cREDO [CONTROL+"U"]^c^cU [CONTROL+"X"]^c^cCUTCLIP [CONTROL+"C"]^c^cCOPYCLIP [CONTROL+"V"]^c^cPASTECLIP
You can revised the commands to suit your needs. After that you include this accelerators to the bottom of acad.mnu or any menu you are using. Then detached and attached again your menu to take effect
Good Luck
Mochyn Brwnt :8( wrote:
Reply to
dave
[...]