Strange x-ref behavior

I received a civil dwg drawing which included a swimming pool. When the file is x-ref'd into my drawing, the pool shape changes. Opening the civil file,
the pool is a free-form design but in my drawing the pool appears as a formal shaped "Roman". I have only one (1) civil drawing for the project so I haven't accidently attached the wrong file. I'm confused. Has this type of behavior happened to anyone else?
In alt.cad.autocad, George B wrote:

Yes and no. Check the layers on the original to see if there are several shapes included on different layers. It might be a simple matter of the wrong layers --and therefore the wrong shape- being shown.
What's "formal"? Do you see a shape different from the "free-form" one? What type of entity is that we are talking about?
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.com

file