Strange x-ref behavior

I received a civil dwg drawing which included a swimming pool. When the file is x-ref'd into my drawing, the pool shape changes. Opening the civil file, the pool is a free-form design but in my drawing the pool appears as a formal shaped "Roman". I have only one (1) civil drawing for the project so I haven't accidently attached the wrong file. I'm confused. Has this type of behavior happened to anyone else?

Reply to
George B

Yes and no. Check the layers on the original to see if there are several shapes included on different layers. It might be a simple matter of the wrong layers --and therefore the wrong shape- being shown.

Reply to
Jim Patrick

What's "formal"? Do you see a shape different from the "free-form" one? What type of entity is that we are talking about?

Reply to
Michael Bulatovich

To answer 2 questions at once.

  1. All layers are "On" in civil files.
  2. The 2 most well know "classic" pools shapes are the rectangle and Roman. Roman is simply a rectangle with radius centered on each end creating 4 outside corners & 4 inside corners.
Reply to
George B