union problem

Say I have 2 cubes, and I want a hole through the center of each at the same spot. The fastest way would be to draw a cylider that
passes through both and then subtract from the 2 cubes. The problem is that the 2 cubes then become unioned and can't be seperated. Has anyone else run into this? It's a little annoying. Thanks
Posted with NewsLeecher v3.0 Final
That's the way it is. So, make a shorter cylinder, copy it, then subtract each cube/cylinder separately. ___

you can also separate the result of the union (if the two cubes are actually separate) by selecting "SOLID EDITING ->SEPARATE"

Wow, thanks! Right in front of me the whole time.
Posted with NewsLeecher v3.0 Final
Learn something new every day. For years I've been doing it the way Paul suggests.
GF
Either way, it's about the same number of clicks/keystrokes. ___

You're just used to the old way - like me. This is really faster and easier.
GF