union problem

Say I have 2 cubes, and I want a hole through the center of each at the same spot. The fastest way would be to draw a cylider that passes through both and then subtract from the 2 cubes. The problem is that the 2 cubes then become unioned and can't be seperated. Has anyone else run into this? It's a little annoying. Thanks

Reply to
Anonymous

That's the way it is. So, make a shorter cylinder, copy it, then subtract each cube/cylinder separately. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

you can also separate the result of the union (if the two cubes are actually separate) by selecting "SOLID EDITING ->SEPARATE"

"Paul Turvill" ha scritto nel messaggio news:di4vtv$u2l$ snipped-for-privacy@domitilla.aioe.org...

Reply to
Danilo Dello Buono

Wow, thanks! Right in front of me the whole time.

Reply to
Anonymous

Learn something new every day. For years I've been doing it the way Paul suggests.

GF

Reply to
Greg Farris

Either way, it's about the same number of clicks/keystrokes. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

You're just used to the old way - like me. This is really faster and easier.

GF

Reply to
Greg Farris