union problem

Say I have 2 cubes, and I want a hole through the center of each at
the same spot. The fastest way would be to draw a cylider that
passes through both and then subtract from the 2 cubes. The problem
is that the 2 cubes then become unioned and can't be seperated. Has
anyone else run into this? It's a little annoying.
Thanks
Reply to
Anonymous
That's the way it is. So, make a shorter cylinder, copy it, then subtract each cube/cylinder separately. ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill
you can also separate the result of the union (if the two cubes are actually separate) by selecting "SOLID EDITING ->SEPARATE"
"Paul Turvill" ha scritto nel messaggio news:di4vtv$u2l$ snipped-for-privacy@domitilla.aioe.org...
Reply to
Danilo Dello Buono
Wow, thanks! Right in front of me the whole time.
Reply to
Anonymous
Learn something new every day. For years I've been doing it the way Paul suggests.
GF
Reply to
Greg Farris
Either way, it's about the same number of clicks/keystrokes. ___
Reply to
Paul Turvill
You're just used to the old way - like me. This is really faster and easier.
GF
Reply to
Greg Farris