variable for line spacing

Does anyone know the setvar variable for line spacing when using 'dtext' command? I know you can set it in mtext, but my company requires us to use
dtext.
Dangerous Dave wrote:

I'm not 100% certain, but I believe that's determined by the font. Acad uses a percentage of the font's character height to determine line spacing for single line text.
There is no "setvar" variable for this. The line spacing is hardcoded into the font definition (.shp) file. ___

use
Oh well, I'll just have to explode the mtext.

You can move each line of dtext to increase the spacing to whatever you wish...
snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com (Dangerous Dave) wrote:

It's been a while since I did this but, if you have the font shape definition file you can change the font LF (line feed) character. Here is an example: *0,4,Roman Simplex 1/20/86 Modified 4-20-89 21,7,2,0 *10,11,lf 2,3,2,8,(0,-63),14,8,(60,72),0
Original: *0,4,Roman Simplex 10/23/91 21,7,2,0 *10,9,lf 2,8,(0,-36),14,8,(30,36),0
This makes the line feed 1/2 the text height. By setting the text height to the correct height you get the spacing you want. Like I said, it's been a while. I can't remember what the coding does. Bob
(Dangerous Dave) wrote:

That would work, but then you still couldn't easily *vary* or *set* the line spacing to suit a particular circumstance. You'd have to have a set of .shx files for every desired value of linespacing. ___

On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 22:07:15 -0000, "Dangerous Dave"
For MTEXT, depending on the version there ate two variables for setting the line spacing. TSPACETYPE and TSPACEFAC can be set to control this. Unfortunately they are not saved anywhere so need to be set each time a drawing is opened.