variable for line spacing

Does anyone know the setvar variable for line spacing when using 'dtext' command? I know you can set it in mtext, but my company requires us to use dtext.

Reply to
Dangerous Dave

I'm not 100% certain, but I believe that's determined by the font. Acad uses a percentage of the font's character height to determine line spacing for single line text.

Reply to
TomD

There is no "setvar" variable for this. The line spacing is hardcoded into the font definition (.shp) file. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill

Oh well, I'll just have to explode the mtext.

Reply to
Dangerous Dave

You can move each line of dtext to increase the spacing to whatever you wish...

Reply to
B. W. Salt.

It's been a while since I did this but, if you have the font shape definition file you can change the font LF (line feed) character. Here is an example:

*0,4,Roman Simplex 1/20/86 Modified 4-20-89 21,7,2,0 *10,11,lf 2,3,2,8,(0,-63),14,8,(60,72),0

Original:

*0,4,Roman Simplex 10/23/91 21,7,2,0 *10,9,lf 2,8,(0,-36),14,8,(30,36),0

This makes the line feed 1/2 the text height. By setting the text height to the correct height you get the spacing you want. Like I said, it's been a while. I can't remember what the coding does. Bob

Reply to
Buncobob

For MTEXT, depending on the version there ate two variables for setting the line spacing. TSPACETYPE and TSPACEFAC can be set to control this. Unfortunately they are not saved anywhere so need to be set each time a drawing is opened.

Reply to
Ian A. White

That would work, but then you still couldn't easily *vary* or *set* the line spacing to suit a particular circumstance. You'd have to have a set of .shx files for every desired value of linespacing. ___

Reply to
Paul Turvill