Dressing a slow-stone

I've got this big-ol' foot powered grindstone (~25" x 3") that's mostly round but has a slight low spot on one side. Any slick tricks for dressing it down to round?

- Carl

Reply to
Carl

Small right angle grinder and a tile setter's diamond grinding disk.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Oooo... been wanting to re-find that post and basically say the same thing. :) And a felt-tip marker. ;)

But, if the sucker is an extra "soft" stone (weakly bonded) like a green SiC stone for example. You may never get it to run-true for more than a few minutes of hard use. BTDT

Got a bottle of SiC grit now, which I used some of, for a cleaning project.

My big-thick-green SiC stone has since had the "blotters" removed and is now just a big bench stone, which it works like a champ for that. ;)

YMMV

Alvin in AZ

Reply to
alvinj