Help interpret "3 10" mark of Peter Wright

A Peter Wright anvil followed me home today. It has a round logo Peter
Wright Solid Wrought or some such. Inside the logo there is a big,
prominent number 3 stamped. To the right of the logo there is a number
10 stamped.
Am I correct in interpreting it as 3 hundredweight 10 lbs, or 334
lbs?
Ignoramus16724
the "10" could be either pounds, or "stones". I've seen 3 numbers showing hundredweight - stones - pounds!
John
Reply to
John O. Kopf
3-1-0
336+28+0
364 lbs, +/-
Reply to
Ecnerwal
I cleaned it up, I now believe that the stamp is 1 3 10, which means 202 or 206 lbs depending on the meaning of hundredweight.
Reply to
Ignoramus11030
Hundredweight is 112 pounds, so you are looking at 206.
Decent sized PW.
Reply to
Todd Rich
Thanks... Here are the pictures...
Ignoramus24381
I see two tools needing to be made :-) A pointed round one - something like a morse taper... A square one - with a smaller pounding area....
Nice toy to have.
Martin
Ignoramus24381 wrote:
Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn
Yes, I will make a hardie tool from a junk piece of iron. I am thinking a bending hardie attachment.
Ignoramus24381