Iron Ore Sources

Regarding the quest by one of the members (Peter) for a couple of pickup truck loads of iron ore:
I suggest you contact the American Iron Ore Association www.aioa.org
If they can't help try one of the few American Steel companies that are still in business smelting ore, coke (from coal) and limestone into liquid iron & steel.
The quantities you want are too small to be of commercial interest to the big steel guys but if you can get through to someone in "Ironmaking Metallurgy" at one of the big firms you might get a sympathetic ear.
It also might be worth sharing with the newsgroup what you want to do with the ore, so the members can advise you about types of ore and what to expect if you try to smelt it.

Roger: Thanks for the tip but I did see and reply to your post in the original thread. I will try the American ore body again. Kurt not Pete