Will I need to temper these chisels ?

Hello everyone. I hope someone here can clue me in.
I am getting into prospecting and have modified the tips of several
old cold chisels so that they can be used to split granite. I used a hand grinder to grind the desired shape I wanted and at all times I was able to handle the chisels without gloves. They got warm but never to a point of me having to let them cool so that I could handle them. As the header states..... will I need to temper or re temper these chisels because of the grinding or even because they won't be used for steel anymore but rather for stonework.
I probably haven't explained myself very well so if there are questions, please ask.
Thank you

I guess that I'll find out come tomorrow. :-) Thanks for the reply.