Will I need to temper these chisels ?

Hello everyone. I hope someone here can clue me in.
I am getting into prospecting and have modified the tips of several
old cold chisels so that they can be used to split granite. I used a
hand grinder to grind the desired shape I wanted and at all times I
was able to handle the chisels without gloves. They got warm but
never to a point of me having to let them cool so that I could handle
them.

As the header states..... will I need to temper or re temper these
chisels because of the grinding or even because they won't be used for
steel anymore but rather for stonework.
I probably haven't explained myself very well so if there are
questions, please ask.
Thank you
Reply to
lift_tech
I guess that I'll find out come tomorrow. :-) Thanks for the reply.
Reply to
lift_tech