Making shovel heads 9or blades) with the Roger Lorance Swage Block

I have been using the 34 pound swage block that Roger Lorance sells for over 20 years. Just last Saturday, the Badger Blacksmiths (western Wisconsin ABANA affiliate) bought a bunch of them--- (8 or 10, I think) and they were almost all sold on that very day. Anyway, I offered to dig up the instruction sheet that used to come with them. I did find it and sent it to our secretary so he could get it to the new swage block owners. That got me to thinking about the evolution of shovel head-making that I have gone through, so I put up a webpage on the subject.

I have gone from it taking about 2 hours plus down to about 2 minutes to make one.

Here's the url:

Pete Stanaitis

Reply to
spaco