Roger Degner on making hollow anvils and hollow swage blocks

Here's a youtube video that I made of Roger Degner telling me how he made
his hollow anvil and hollow swage block. He has made at least two anvils
this way. I bought the first one he made at the Guild of Metalsmiths annual
conference ("the Madness") several years ago.

Sorry that about the background noise, but, if you listen closely, the
content is there.
Pete Stanaitis

Reply to
Pete S
That is kinda creative and cool.
Not for pounding, but show and tell, it would be great.
Should be somewhat easy on a CNC plasma table - and simply washer out the horn like he said. Welding is the tricky part - getting deep coverage so grinding it smooth without much hole coverage.
Nice - use the same steel to weld with and the lines don't sow.
Martin
Reply to
Martin Eastburn