Pictures -- made a mini forge today

"Martin H. Eastburn" wrote:

I have a Powermax 1000 and I don't have three phase. The CE country version of the 1000 is three phase only, the US version is single or three phase and wide input range. It takes a 50A 240V 1ph feed quite happily.

I have a Max 100 and that one cuts one inch plate... Takes three phase only...
Ignoramus23756 wrote:

The 1000 is rated 1" cut, 1.25" sever, and will do so with either 1 or 3 ph power.
Thanks Pete - I think I knew that.
I have 3 phase 380v in the shop as well as single phase 240. Handy sometimes.
Martin
Pete C. wrote:

BradK wrote: (...)

(...)
Interesting!
Do you still use the PlasmaCAM?
--Winston
"Pete C." wrote:

I'd imagine an artsy or university town with a crafts fair/Saturday market kind of deal would be a good place to start with items like that. Probably pull in some bucks doing custom ones for the more well-heeled artsy-fartsy types.
Jon