Pictures -- made a mini forge today

BradK wrote: (...)

(...)

Interesting!

Do you still use the PlasmaCAM?

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

I have a plasmaCam table and yes it takes a learning curve. I do as I want and cut all sorts of metal. Some takes more work after cutting - some not needing it and some it doesn't matter.

I have a Hypertherm 600 and cut 1/2" armor plate that is pre-hardened. It is rated for normal hot rolled. But I know the machine and ability.

Wish I had a 1000 but didn't have 3phase at the time.

I suspect the plasma cutter you had was a limiting machine. Good for body work and such but not brackets or thick stuff.

Mart> BradK wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

I have a Powermax 1000 and I don't have three phase. The CE country version of the 1000 is three phase only, the US version is single or three phase and wide input range. It takes a 50A 240V 1ph feed quite happily.

Reply to
Pete C.

I have a Max 100 and that one cuts one inch plate... Takes three phase only...

Reply to
Ignoramus23756

The 1000 is rated 1" cut, 1.25" sever, and will do so with either 1 or 3 ph power.

Reply to
Pete C.

Thanks Pete - I think I knew that.

I have 3 phase 380v in the shop as well as single phase 240. Handy sometimes.

Mart> "Mart>> I have a Hypertherm 600 and cut 1/2" armor plate that is pre-hardened.

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn