propane forge full/idler hardware mounting?

Jeez, it seems like I've been asking questions about building forges for years. Well, the time has come and I'm actually building one. I'm going to go with the full/idler setup where a ball valve and a needle valve are plumbed in parallel. I'm planning to use 1/4" copper tubing and compression fittings because I just plain can't afford Swageloks. I want to mount them on a sheet metal plate but I don't want to use big old klunky u-bolts. Anyone got a clean-looking solution to this?

Grant Erwin Kirkland, Washington

Reply to
Grant Erwin

I used the big old clunky u-bolts, to a couple of 1" angle stubs welded to the supports. You could bend (forge) some straps to fit, then drill and bolt to your plate.

Pete Keillor

Reply to
Peter T. Keillor III

First I made the plumbing connections. Then I welded 1" bar stock pieces onto the forge to match the layout of the plumbing. I mounted the plumbing by twisting iron wire around the fittings and the bar stock to hold it in place. Crude but effective, and you don't really see the wire, so it meets your clean-looking requirement.

Steve

Grant Erw> Jeez, it seems like I've been asking questions about building forges

Reply to
Steve Smith

Stainless steel hose clamps?

(not worth signing;)