crossbow prod

Do anyone got cad drawings for a crossbow prod with a draw weight of 230 lbs, and draw lenght of 8 inces ?

haaken(remove) snipped-for-privacy@online.no

remove the (remove) or else my e-mail adress will not work.

Reply to
HÃ¥ken

I forged a prod (stonebow) directly from the drawings in Payne-Gallwey; the bow was forged from a large truck coil spring. I never tempered the bow, so it has nowhere near that draw, but I'm sure that tempering would greatly stiffen the pull (or if you used a bigger spring to start with!)

John

Håken wrote:

Reply to
John O. Kopf

Verily I say unto thee, that on Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:55:38 -0000, "Håken" spaketh thusly:

Good old fashioned truck leaf springs should do it. For what are you planning to use it?

I ask because your dimensions seem a tad odd. I've used a 150# 14" that draws a little over 10" for deer. A 250# compound is what Fred Bear (Baer? - regular contributor to one of the hunting magazines) designed for hunting elephants and water buffalo. A friend had a Bear and it used 22" bolts, but being a compound, the draw is longer than a conventional.

-- A crazy old Polack E-mail replies to polack@[Romeo][Tango][Charlie].coop Send e-mail as straight text only. E-mail received in any other format is automatically deleted unread.

If aliens are smart enough to travel through space, why do they keep abducting the dumbest people on Earth? If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Reply to
Polack