crossbow prod

Do anyone got cad drawings for a crossbow prod with a draw weight of 230 lbs, and draw lenght of 8 inces ?
haaken(remove) snipped-for-privacy@online.no
remove the (remove) or else my e-mail adress will not work.
I forged a prod (stonebow) directly from the drawings in Payne-Gallwey; the bow was forged from a large truck coil spring. I never tempered the bow, so it has nowhere near that draw, but I'm sure that tempering would greatly stiffen the pull (or if you used a bigger spring to start with!)
John
Hken wrote:

Verily I say unto thee, that on Wed, 26 Jan 2005 10:55:38 -0000,

Good old fashioned truck leaf springs should do it. For what are you planning to use it?
I ask because your dimensions seem a tad odd. I've used a 150# 14" that draws a little over 10" for deer. A 250# compound is what Fred Bear (Baer? - regular contributor to one of the hunting magazines) designed for hunting elephants and water buffalo. A friend had a Bear and it used 22" bolts, but being a compound, the draw is longer than a conventional.
-- A crazy old Polack E-mail replies to polack@[Romeo][Tango][Charlie].coop Send e-mail as straight text only.     E-mail received in any other format is automatically deleted unread. http://web.ndak.net/~polack/index.htm
    If aliens are smart enough to travel through space, why do they keep abducting the dumbest people on Earth?     If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?