Trip hammer

I have had great interest from other blacksmiths in my home-made trip hammer. You can look at it at

Constructions drawings are also available.

Arnar Haugedal (Norway)

Reply to
Arnar Haugedal

All I get there is a bunch of Norse language and no pictures. Is there an English version.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Outstanding! That is a wonderful and simple solution to several hammer problems. Nice job! Jim

Reply to
James P. Riser

I know that some persons have problems with opening the pictures, and to others it is working o.k. I think this must be due to "somthing with the computer", but I can not say what?? If anyone have problems and wants to see the pictures, please feel free to contact me on snipped-for-privacy@broadpark.no and I will send the pictures directly to them.

Arnar

"Ernie Leimkuhler" skrev i melding news:260720031931044334% snipped-for-privacy@stagesmith.com...

Reply to
Arnar Haugedal

Any chance of posting the drawings - a very nice looking job Geoff Down Under in New Zealand

Reply to
Geoff Merryweather.

Geoff:

My mail to you will not go through? Is anything wrong with your mail adress?

Arnar

snipped-for-privacy@broadpark.no

"Geoff Merryweather. " skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Reply to
Arnar Haugedal

Ernie:

The construction drawings are fore sale. They are CAD-drawings and can be transfered by Internet, or if you wish, they can be sent as paper-drawings by air mail. The price is US dollar 200.- At present the drawings are only in norwegian, but I can translate them to english in some days, if you or anyone else are interested? It would be interesting if the hammer is built also abroad! I sell it here in Norway (ready to use), and the price is about US dollar 4.100.-

Best regards

Arnar

snipped-for-privacy@broadpark.no

"Ernie Leimkuhler" skrev i melding news:270720030000398957% snipped-for-privacy@stagesmith.com...

Arnar Haugedal

Actually, Netscape 7/Mozilla will show it fine, if you allow popups from the site. If you change the URL to

(Note the change in language to english) then you will see an explanation of why it failed to work immediately.

Reply to
Politas

This site, IMO, is not worth the bother.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

Ernie, Arnar set me a bunch of detail photo's of the "trip hammer" It was a huge load though. I can scale the pics down without losing detail and send you some if you are still having trouble. It really is a sweet looking design eh? $200. is a bit steep for me to see the plans but it looks like he put a lot of time into the design. He also has an air hammer design.

Glen Gardner, in Pgh.

Reply to
Glen

SOUR PUSS!

DON'T YOU KNOW A BEAUTIFUL THING WHEN YOU SEE IT?

Glen G.

Reply to
Glen

Didn't see it.

1) Their site appears to be optimized for some windows browser. 2) They want me to register. The majority (not all) such sites sell their lists. I don't need more penus enlargement adds. 3) They wnt you to have Java available so they can ... do what?

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

It's an odd one as far as its interface goes. Are you on a Mac?

I didn't see any kind of registration page using Mozilla

They want you to have JavaSCRIPT available, so they can pop up a picture gallery window with pretty buttons and stuff. Nothing terribly nefarious.

I really think you're over-reacting.

It is a nice hammer.

Reply to
Politas

Glen wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net:

why not post them to the drop box so we can all see them???

Reply to
Simon

What is this "drop box" you talk about, and how to do this? Please explain!

Arnar snipped-for-privacy@broadpark.no

"Simon" skrev i melding news:Xns93C75542A841whosaidthat@202.12.162.100...

Reply to
Arnar Haugedal

Go to

and click on "Using the Dropbox". It will explain.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Coffman

Nope. A PC and using Netscape. Very few sites give me problems.

Nothing terribly useful either. A bit like using a trip-hammer to set a small brass rivet. :-)

BTW, there are lots of places to post such information for free.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

Please do learn a bit about your tools. A computer is a tool just like a trip hammer. You can hurt yourself and others by missusing it. The e-mail you sent me took ages to download burning up a lot of the time I pay for. First, you are sending in HTML which serves no purpose on a newsgroup or most e-mails. Second, you sent me a 180KB+ picture which, when reduced to half the dimensions, still contained just as much useful data and was less than 70KB - i.e. about one third the download time.

Ted

Reply to
Ted Edwards

First - it is of cause voluntary to download my pictures! Second - I agree with you about the computer skill. However, you can now look at the trip-hammer at Hammer 1.jpg Hammer 10.jpg Hammer 12.jpg Hammer 2.jpg Hammer 3.jpg Hammer 4.jpg Hammer 5.jpg Hammer 6.jpg Hammer 8.jpg Hammer 9.jpg

Best regards

Arnar snipped-for-privacy@broadpark.no

"Ted Edwards" skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@telus.net...

Reply to