Trip hammer

I have had great interest from other blacksmiths in my home-made trip hammer. You can look at it at http://www.eurofoto.no/fotoalbum.php?aid "5539&portal_language=no_NO

Constructions drawings are also available.
Arnar Haugedal (Norway)

All I get there is a bunch of Norse language and no pictures. Is there an English version.
I know that some persons have problems with opening the pictures, and to others it is working o.k. I think this must be due to "somthing with the computer", but I can not say what?? If anyone have problems and wants to see the pictures, please feel free to contact me on snipped-for-privacy@broadpark.no and I will send the pictures directly to them.
Arnar
&gt; I&nbsp; have had great interest from other blacksmiths&nbsp; in my&nbsp; home-made&nbsp; trip<BR>&gt; &gt; hammer.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; You can look at it at<BR>&gt; &gt; </FONT><A href="http://www.eurofoto.no/fotoalbum.php?aid=225539&amp ;portal_language=no_NO"><FONT size=2>http://www.eurofoto.no/fotoalbum.php?aid=225539&amp ;portal_language=no_NO</FONT></A><BR><FONT size=2>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; Constructions drawings are also available.<BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; Arnar Haugedal&nbsp; = (Norway)<BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; &gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; All I get there is a bunch of Norse language and no pictures.<BR>&gt; Is there an English version.</FONT></BODY></HTML>
------=
Ernie:
The construction drawings are fore sale. They are CAD-drawings and can be transfered by Internet, or if you wish, they can be sent as paper-drawings by air mail. The price is US dollar 200.- At present the drawings are only in norwegian, but I can translate them to english in some days, if you or anyone else are interested? It would be interesting if the hammer is built also abroad! I sell it here in Norway (ready to use), and the price is about US dollar 4.100.-
Best regards
Arnar
snipped-for-privacy@broadpark.no
wrote:

trip
http://www.eurofoto.no/fotoalbum.php?aid "5539&portal_language=no_NO

Actually, Netscape 7/Mozilla will show it fine, if you allow popups from the site. If you change the URL to
http://www.eurofoto.no/fotoalbum.php?aid "5539&portal_language=en
(Note the change in language to english) then you will see an explanation of why it failed to work immediately.
--
Politas
To reply, replace nospam with forge
Politas wrote:

This site, IMO, is not worth the bother.
Ted
SOUR PUSS!
DON'T YOU KNOW A BEAUTIFUL THING WHEN YOU SEE IT?
Glen G.
Glen wrote:

Didn't see it.
1) Their site appears to be optimized for some windows browser. 2) They want me to register. The majority (not all) such sites sell their lists. I don't need more penus enlargement adds. 3) They wnt you to have Java available so they can ... do what?
Ted

It's an odd one as far as its interface goes. Are you on a Mac?

I didn't see any kind of registration page using Mozilla

They want you to have JavaSCRIPT available, so they can pop up a picture gallery window with pretty buttons and stuff. Nothing terribly nefarious.
I really think you're over-reacting.
It is a nice hammer.
--
Politas
To reply, replace nospam with forge
Politas wrote:

Nope. A PC and using Netscape. Very few sites give me problems.

Nothing terribly useful either. A bit like using a trip-hammer to set a small brass rivet. :-)
BTW, there are lots of places to post such information for free.
Ted
Ernie, Arnar set me a bunch of detail photo's of the "trip hammer" It was a huge load though. I can scale the pics down without losing detail and send you some if you are still having trouble. It really is a sweet looking design eh? $200. is a bit steep for me to see the plans but it looks like he put a lot of time into the design. He also has an air hammer design.
Glen Gardner, in Pgh.

why not post them to the drop box so we can all see them???
--
give a man a match and he'll be warm for the night.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life...

Go to www.metalworking.com and click on "Using the Dropbox". It will explain.
Gary
Please do learn a bit about your tools. A computer is a tool just like a trip hammer. You can hurt yourself and others by missusing it. The e-mail you sent me took ages to download burning up a lot of the time I pay for. First, you are sending in HTML which serves no purpose on a newsgroup or most e-mails. Second, you sent me a 180KB+ picture which, when reduced to half the dimensions, still contained just as much useful data and was less than 70KB - i.e. about one third the download time.
Ted
First - it is of cause voluntary to download my pictures! Second - I agree with you about the computer skill. However, you can now look at the trip-hammer at Hammer 1.jpg Hammer 10.jpg Hammer 12.jpg Hammer 2.jpg Hammer 3.jpg Hammer 4.jpg Hammer 5.jpg Hammer 6.jpg Hammer 8.jpg Hammer 9.jpg
Best regards
Arnar snipped-for-privacy@broadpark.no

About computer skill - the link is http://www.metalworking.com/DropBox / (!!!) Arnar

Hey Ted, I think maybe you need to spend more time behind an anvil and less time behind a computer screen :-P Quit bitching at Arnar! Cut the man some slack dude! That he takes the time to communicate in something other than his native tongue say's a lot about the man. So he is not a computer wiz or a camera pro. He IS, as far as I can tell, a clever, industrious and generous person. So bugger off Ted.
Hey, it's life and life only, Glen.
Thank you Glen for those words!
And also: These pictures from me created a lot of activity (and some emotions!) here - that must be good?
Arnar snipped-for-privacy@broadpark.no

Outstanding! That is a wonderful and simple solution to several hammer problems. Nice job! Jim
--
James P. Riser
Http://www.JamesRiser.com