Trip hammer

Hey Ted, I think maybe you need to spend more time behind an anvil and less time behind a computer screen :-P Quit bitching at Arnar! Cut the man some slack dude! That he takes the time to communicate in something other than his native tongue say's a lot about the man. So he is not a computer wiz or a camera pro. He IS, as far as I can tell, a clever, industrious and generous person. So bugger off Ted.

Hey, it's life and life only, Glen.

Reply to
Glen

Thank you Glen for those words!

And also: These pictures from me created a lot of activity (and some emotions!) here - that must be good?

Arnar snipped-for-privacy@broadpark.no

"Glen" skrev i melding news: snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net...

Reply to
Arnar Haugedal

Terrifies me, I do hope you have some guards to go on it before you use it!

You can buy a new 50 kg air hammer for 3000 UK pounds and a second hand clear space for half that, has this cost much less?

The German federhammers I have seen are all in line. They use either a cast frame or twin plate construction so that both crankshaft and hammer arm toggle shaft have bearings at each end. The offset nature of your drive train and especially the small diameter unsupported crankshaft would appear prone to strain. Has it been okay?

The twin plate construction of the feder hammers has the added advantage of containing the moving parts so that they are not flailing around in the open. Your connecting rod reminds me a bit of a battle mace!

Have you found that a single belt is sufficient to take the drive?

What effective stroke do you have and how many blows per minute? My 50 kg Reiter runs at 220 bpm and my 150kg runs at 135. I seem to remember the feder hammer in Mathias Peters shop running nearer 300.

Alan

For instant decision making, flip a coin and base it on your sense of disapointment or elation at the result.

remove nospam for email reply

Reply to
Alan Evans and Lesley Greene

That's a real nice job, Arnar.