Trip hammer

On Sat, 26 Jul 2003 21:03:46 +0200, "Arnar Haugedal"

Any chance of posting the drawings - a very nice looking job Geoff Down Under in New Zealand
Geoff:
My mail to you will not go through? Is anything wrong with your mail adress?
Arnar
snipped-for-privacy@broadpark.no

Terrifies me, I do hope you have some guards to go on it before you use it!
You can buy a new 50 kg air hammer for 3000 UK pounds and a second hand clear space for half that, has this cost much less?
The German federhammers I have seen are all in line. They use either a cast frame or twin plate construction so that both crankshaft and hammer arm toggle shaft have bearings at each end. The offset nature of your drive train and especially the small diameter unsupported crankshaft would appear prone to strain. Has it been okay?
The twin plate construction of the feder hammers has the added advantage of containing the moving parts so that they are not flailing around in the open. Your connecting rod reminds me a bit of a battle mace!
Have you found that a single belt is sufficient to take the drive?
What effective stroke do you have and how many blows per minute? My 50 kg Reiter runs at 220 bpm and my 150kg runs at 135. I seem to remember the feder hammer in Mathias Peters shop running nearer 300.
Alan
For instant decision making, flip a coin and base it on your sense of disapointment or elation at the result.
remove nospam for email reply
That's a real nice job, Arnar.