Air powered trip hammer speed controll?

Guy I work with is wanting to build one and being a machinist I am going to help. Neither of us knows what y'all use to vary the speed. this is being made with scrounged materials so what can we make this out of or where could we get a good deal on whatever controlls the speed. Or maybe some drawings somewhere Rosco

Reply to
Dr Butter

Google ron kinyon

Pete Stanaitis

---------------------

Dr Butter wrote:

Reply to
spaco

Thanks for the tip. This seems to be exacly what my friend is talking about. I still don't understand about the speed controll. Is the speed coming down doing the hammering constant and only the speed going back up that varies? Or do you want to controll the force sometimes and vary speed coming down? I'm just building some of this and don't know anything about their use.

Rosco

Reply to
Dr Butter

I'm pretty sure it's the repetition rate that you vary. One real nice thing about the air hammer is that you can make single blows it you want. This is harder to do with a shaft and crank trip hammer, unless you install a brake. I don't have one of these myself, but have spent time talking with Ron Kinyon about these hammers and have found him to be very helpful to seroiusly interested folks. I think Ron sells control sets, too. If your friend is going to invest time in this, I suggest he get a set of the ABANA plans mentioned in one of the links. Here's the exact link: >

Pete Stanaitis

Dr Butter wrote:

Reply to
spaco