crossbow prod

Do anyone got cad drawings for a crossbow prod with a draw weight of 230 lbs, and draw lenght of 8 inces ?

haaken(remove) snipped-for-privacy@online.no

remove the (remove) or else my e-mail adress will not work.

Reply to
HÃ¥ken

I've seen you post this several times, and so far, nobody has answered the question in *my* mind.

*What* is a crossbow "prod"? Do you mean "product"?

And no -- I can't supply the answer to your question, but perhaps if you used more familiar terminology, someone else might.

And most people will be answering in the newsgroup, not via e-mail.

Good Luck, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

I think he's reflecting a comment I made to him, in which I explained that I have some data he may be able to use but that my scanner is dead. I told Håken to prod me if he didn't hear from me in a few days.

Sorry, Håken, but my scanner is still dead, and the one intended for my son's machine isn't set up yet. Hang in there, I have you in mind, and I would like to get it to you as soon as I can.

By the way, the next time someone comments about your English (not Don, but I saw someone else's comment yesterday), ask him how well he writes Norwegian.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

The prod is the "bow" of a crossbow. He wants drawings to acheive a 230 pound draw weight in 8 inches of draw.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

Nope -- that isn't it, as he used the same term in the article to which you followed up. (It is still on my news sever, so I could check)

So -- I guess that means that you, also, don't know what a "crossbow prod" is.

I'm wondering whether it is a single part for a crossbow, or simply sort for "product" to mean the whole thing. Since English appears to not his first language, I would have to say that he is doing quite well at communicating, but there is still that term which puzzles me.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

The owner of this site sells prods.

7/32" spring steel get you 220 to 265 pounds @ 8 inches draw.

It's not a cad drawing, but it's information.

Cheers Trevor Jones

Reply to
Trevor Jones

Nope, 'don't know crossbows, I just have a book article about them. I guess only Håken knows for sure what he means.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress
[ ... ]

[ ... ]

Thank you! This may help other to answer the original question, too.

Thanks again, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

The prod is the spring , or the bow on the crossbow. Got it ?

"DoN. Nichols" skrev i melding news:cu1lio$8ra$ snipped-for-privacy@fuego.d-and-d.com...

Reply to
HÃ¥ken

Thanks. Some others posted that after I posted, but before you did, so I had the answer by now.

It is a strange term for a spring or bow, but then a lot of fields develop strange jargon.

Thanks again, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

A "prod" is the bow section of a crossbow.

Gunner

" We have all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare...Thanks to AOL and WebTv, we know this is not possible."

Reply to
Gunner

The "prod" is the bow part of a crossbow. And the arrows are quarrels (well you woudl quarrel if someone shot one at you too!) Geoff

Reply to
geoff m

quarrels or bolts

Gunner

" We have all heard that a million monkeys banging on a million typewriters will eventually reproduce the entire works of Shakespeare...Thanks to AOL and WebTv, we know this is not possible."

Reply to
Gunner

Don't think I'd hang around to quarrel. I think I'd just bolt for cover.

But the second projectile launched in the encounter would be much smaller, faster, and going in the opposite direction.

__ Still a pre-vert, caught in that nether world between childish enthusiasm and experimentation and adultery -- er -- hood.

Reply to
Johan

People with crossbows don't kill people, quarrels do!

Reply to
pyotr filipivich