Religious Debate: Yes, I'm talking about Anvils...

Folks,
I'm almost afraid to ask, but here I go anyway... Before the end of the year I am going to acquire a new Anvil. Now, I've read all the
comments about "...taking an old anvil any day vs the new ones being made in china..." but that's not what I'm talking about.
A few points I'd like to make:
1) I'm willing to spend what it takes to buy quality. 2) I'm interested in technical analysis of the superiority of a given recommendation as opposed to commentary not backed by fact. 3) I'd really appreciate specific reference to where I might find any given recommendations (a URL or address for example). 4) I live in the Dallas, TX area, so vendors located within 3-4 hour drive would be better for me than waiting on shipping.
I'm thinking that 160 - 200 lbs. would be a good range for my needs. I'll be doing bladesmithing and artistic blacksmithing. I would prefer to purchase a US made anvil vs European, but not to sacrifice quality. And I do believe that there are some good manufacturers still making them in the US. Just would like to hear some recommendations from the collective.
Any advice would be most appreciated.
Anon

Might try this URL for example: http://www.anvilfire.com/FAQs/select_faq_index.htm

Texas Farrier Supply in Kennedale (just southeast of Ft. Worth) sells made in the USA, top quality, cast tool steel anvils. They have have various sizes and forging and farriers anvils available and their prices are extremely competitive. They sell coal too.
Texas Farrier Supply 603 S New Hope Road Kennedale, TX 800-777-2725
I don't have an interest in the place, but I know the fellow who runs it.
--
Tom Stovall, CJF
Farrier & Blacksmith
Tom Stovall wrote:

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
No personal experience with these anvils (I'm quite happy with my PR), but these have excellent reputations: