about precise cutting on stainless tubing

Hi, all I 'd like to know who does precise cutting like 0.040 thickness from

3" OD {A} x 2.870" ID {B} x .065" {C} Wall Tube 304 Stainless Steel, Annealed with reasonable cost. I got quote(300 pieces) from one company they charge $10 each.That is too much while 12" pieces are that price right?

I need it about 300 pieces of that size.Or if you know ready made that kind ring similar size... I'd be very appreciated if anybody has any suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

Yoshi.

Reply to
jc

"> Hi, all

.040 x .065wall x 3" od flat square and paralell to what spec's .

12" x .065wall x 3" od . fractional tolerence +/- .031 ? 10 bucks a cut on a manuall lathe ?

i suggest mcmaster car or grangers :-)

raw material>

3" OD {A} x 2.870" ID {B} x .065" {C} Wall Tube 304 Stainless Steel, desired thickness .040 .flatness not specified assumed within .002 . or better ? of course a twin spindle lathe is probably the right machine for the job but . they cost over 500,000 bucks !? with a 3.06 thru hole or bigger .?! each .040 part will have to be bigger to allow for facing the other end say .070. now allow for a.0625 minimum parting tool .1325used up. now allow for refaceing one end say.025 . .157 used for each cut 47.1 inch material used minimum.?? say 4" better 4.5 or 5 feet .

have you considered wire edm . you would just anneal the blanks then cut . i have worked with a robofill 440 cc and a brother hs70a with submerged tanks these machines give excellent results without imparting any heat stress to work piece.

the extra time to cut MAY be offset by unneeded secondary operations.

its just a thought .I'm a wire guy and as such .

of course a twin spindle lathe is probably the right machine for the job but . they cost over 500,000 bucks !? with a 3.06 thru hole or bigger .?!

Reply to
RLEWIS