about precise cutting on stainless tubing

Hi, all I 'd like to know who does precise cutting like 0.040 thickness from

3" OD {A} x 2.870" ID {B} x .065" {C} Wall Tube 304 Stainless Steel, Annealed with reasonable cost. I got quote(300 pieces) from one company they charge $10 each.That is too much while 12" pieces are that price right?

I need it about 300 pieces of that size.Or if you know ready made that kind ring similar size... I'd be very appreciated if anybody has any suggestion.

Thanks in advance.

Yoshi.

Reply to
jc

RoyJ

about tolerance? I do no know maybe its 0.020? since 0.040 is already

1 mm so, anyway, ideally I 'd like to get 0.040 or 0.050" of stainless ring. Its better to have shinny finish. yea, all I need is those size parts.

Thanks again.

Yoshi.

Reply to
jc

Reply to
RoyJ

1 mm or 1.5 mm , i am talking about.

Thanks.

Reply to
jc

It might be much faster/cheaper to get them laser-cut from 1mm sheet... --Glenn Lyford

Reply to
Glenn Lyford

then, need to be bending(making circle) and welding right? why faster?

Yoshi

Reply to
jc

He meant cutting circles out of a BIG piece of plate . Waste would be about 80%+ though ... what you want , if I'm correct , is slices of .065" wall thickness tubing .040" long , correct ? That could also be done with waterjet or laser , then cleaned up and sized on a surface grinder or lathe . Or maybe cut to exact size on a lathe , using a mandrel to keep from crushing or deforming the tubing .

Reply to
Snag

Reply to
RoyJ

Right.

You need to decide if you're after the lowest waste, or the lowest overall cost. Also, perhaps the sheet in 1mm thickness would be enough cheaper than the tube to compensate for some of that cost? By reassessing how you want the operation done, you may come up with a better way for you and your suppliers to accomplish what you need. You may even want to simply specify the part dimensions and the material, and get their ideas on what would be the least costly way to arrive at that point. If the end properties are the same, does which process they use to get there really matter? --Glenn Lyford

Reply to
Glenn Lyford