Cut my first thread

Been busy at the shop, not much time to learn the new machine.
The Hyundai is alive and running, cut my first part, turned a diameter
and put on a 1/2-13 thread.
Still some work to be done figuring out the L95 turning cycle (siemens)
My finish cut is programmed to cut longitudinal right to left (-Z) but it cuts left to right??
And I have to fudge the thread length, the tool is set with the tool pre setter, point in X and the left edge in Z. So I had to add 1/16" or 1/2 the insert thickness to the thread length for the thread to go full length into my relief cut.
Thank You, Randy
Remove 333 from email address to reply.

My first thread at aged 15 years old (1968) running a Hendy belt drive using collets and centre in the end of the part, a 3/4 UNF thread.
Manual engaging the lead, on the same mark every time to be cautious. All going singingly well, approx 90% depth cut and looking a treat. Instructor disappeared for a cup of tea or piss, me getting real cocky and backing off centre by sliding tailstock back to try a nut after every cut. Almost there, 99%, then unbeknown to me, recentering the centre must have punched the part dead on 1/2 pitch into the collet. Final cut all the thread crests removed in one foul move :-) hey presto my first 2 start thread.