D1 camlock ??

Discussion today. Which direction is correct to turn locks for D1 camlock chuck? Clockwise? Counter clockwise? Does it matter?

--
Remove "nospam" to get to me.

alphonso wrote:

I've done clockwise for 40 odd years. Never had a chuck come loose yet.
Best, Steve
--
Regards,
Steve Saling

Marks indicating a zone for "safely locked" are in the clockwise direction from unlocked on our BTC chuck.
--
Bryce

alphonso wrote:

I remember a teacher telling me it mattered, but too many years have passed to say with certainty which way to turn them. Sounds like Bryce and Garlic Dude know the way, though.
Later,
Charlie
alphonso wrote:

Alphonso:
    If your chuck doesn't have any marks, as Bryce mentioned, I'd go with the direction that has the most travel, (turns the farthest).
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

I don't know which way your chuck is set up or even if there are different types of chucks in this regard, but you want to turn the locks so these "pull" the chuck into the spindle for best results.
Unka George (George McDuffee)
There is something to be said for government by a great aristocracy which has furnished leaders to the nation in peace and war for generations; even a democrat like myself must admit this. But there is absolutely nothing to be said for government by a plutocracy, for government by men very powerful in certain lines and gifted with the "money touch," but with ideals which in their essence are merely those of so many glorified pawnbrokers.
Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919), U.S. Republican (later Progressive) politician, president. Letter, 15 Nov. 1913.