dprint

I have a yasnac mx3 control and am trying to run this program but keep getting an alarm 013 program error no address. Does anyone know if there is a parameter or something i need to set to be able to run this.

O8888 POPEN[1](OPEN.RS232) DPRNT[/Z](RETURN.INDEXER.TO.HOME) M26(EXECUTE.MOVE) G4P.3 DPRNT[/S90.423](SET.FIXTURE.HOME) G4P.3 DPRNT[/A0](MOVE.TO.FIXTURE.HOME) M26(EXECUTE.MOVE) PCLOS[1](CLOSE.RS232) M99

Reply to
stewart

Dayum, what kind of g-code is DAT?? What do it do?

Reply to
DrollTroll

Can you try running in single block to see which line is causing the alarm?

Reply to
paul

He's got an indexer that is totally separate from the main CNC control, and he's using the DPRNT (print) command to send commands to it through the serial port. Or, at least that's what I'm guessing from the comments. POPEN must be port-open, DPRNT is print (send to port) and PCLOS is port-close.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

you are correct its a 4ths axis controller the varabile is the command to instruct the 4th axis what to do. I cant get the machine to read the dprint line at all keep getting that alarm it works on one machine but not the other we are comparing the parameters now trying to track it down but could use some help if anyone has any ideas where to start

Reply to
stewart

you are correct its a 4ths axis controller the varabile is the command to instruct the 4th axis what to do. I cant get the machine to read the dprint line at all keep getting that alarm it works on one machine but not the other we are comparing the parameters now trying to track it down but could use some help if anyone has any ideas where to start

Are you sure the control support the DPRNT command? The MX1 manual I have indicates that RS-232 data is output using the system variable #3100. For example - #3100=() with the message enclosed by the control-in and control-out output, followed by a CR/LF and - #3100= the value of the specified local, common, or system variable is output.

Check your mail!

Reply to
paul

Maybe try change eia /iso on comm settings page.

Reply to
Bipolar Bear

"Compare It! 4.0" is free software for comparing programs. Download your parameters and use compare it to show you where programs are different.

Screen shot highlights line where difference occurs and changes font color to red where it differs.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

It doesn't appear to be free.

PsPad will do the trick for free.

That is what I use to compare parameters.

Wes

Reply to
clutch

=========== If you are a real cheapskate like me, use the old dos FC command if you are running windows. Get to a dos prompt and type for list of options.

also see

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

F. George McDuffee

That way works also. use a > on command to redirect to a text file so you can print it out. Either that or | pipe it to more.

Wes

Reply to
clutch