RE: Serial port doesn't work??

Here I am again, trying to communicate with a Fanuc M15. I've got my com program set to 4800,7,E,2, xon/xof and can't get a response from the serial port before it times out. I've used from

2400 to 9600 baud; 8,7 bits, even, odd, and no parity and 2, 1.5 and 1 stop bits. This is the same port I could talk to a couple of weeks ago. I've run a loop back test on the computer port and the cable. I have a port monitor that says the computer is putting out data until it doesn't get a response from the Fanuc. The control is set using the program>program>program>read>(prog #)>number>exec sequence of soft keys. The read indicator on the screen is blinking but goes to a bgXXX error-mismatch device or other bgXXX error. I'm at my wits end trying to figure out what's wrong. Could someone make a suggestion as to where to look or what may be wrong?

R. Wink

Reply to
rwwink

Well, if it worked a couple weeks ago, what have you changed? Did you unplug the cable? Have there been thunderstorms that could have damaged the Fanuc port? not at all uncommon for ports to get damaged by lightning.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson