How to spare yersef limitless grief

The guy who did a head and valve job on my motorhome accidently stepped on my oil dip stick... put a kink in that sucker. wouldnt
work after that. its a long one 42 inches. Grreat valve job though, engine runs like a fine clock now.
so I took the kinky dip stick to Kragen Auto supply, and was helped by a very brright confident and assured young man who said he had a replacement 'right here'...and handed me a bubble packed chrome dip stick about 14 inches long.....
ahhh sed... err. 'it looks a little short to me'. ..what is it a telescoping dip stick... he assured me that it was, and would fit anything.
still confident and somewhat patronizingly he said...'look, it will work, take it out and try it, if it doesnt work bring it back and we can exchange it'...he said with an air of competence and surity that would have done anyone proud.
He will no doubt be at a jiffy lube next, stripping out oil drain plug holes.
***
On other fronts, presented by another idiot.... Dr Dean Adel...but this time maybe he was right.. Dr Dean reported on a study that 38% of heart patients could not locate or identify the human heart in a diagram of the human body...
I thought that was exciting.... in all the world, only Mexico faired worse.
***
so now of course we have these in management... reviewing our resume's... well maybe yours.
I keep mine hidden.
When I get a resume request these days I tell them that I only submit if the interviewer can explain what an engineer in my business actually does... and explain to me why two space shuttles blew up, killing over 20 good men and a couple of wimens.
that spares me limitless grief.
Phil scott

This is some funny shit too;
http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE55H4Z220090618
I wonder if Pam Anderson has her knickers all a twist...

Hmmmm..... surprising. The Mayan's knew how to pull it right out, whilst you were alive....

Hmmmm..... euthanizing jb was not on the list.... Which, actually, would spare *him* limitless grief, in his own miserable existence.
--

Mr. PV'd

Mae West (yer fav CongressShill) to the Gangster (yer fav Lobbyist):

Two missions, each with a crew of five men and two women. That's ten men, four women total. Are you that accurate when you're engineering?

another management genius. impressive

Machinist/mech-designer/own the company. And it was a sincere question, which you've answered pretty much as I expected.
I have a lot of hardware up in orbit, and the building I spent most of my working life in is named after one of the Challenger astronauts. Please find some other question to prove how "smart" you are...

Dude, this is Usenet, a freaking chat group with a rather vague topic of machining. Lighten the hell up.
Obviously the OP has a job and doesn't suffer idiots too well. Good for him, I don't suffer fools well myself.
Can't decide if you are an Engineer or Management, both tend to have their share of arrogant nit pickers. Damn, re-read your job description, triple threat.
Wes