If your using mastercam...

Beg your boss to buy ug! There's no comparison whatsoever.

If you own the place...stick with whatever you have. Spend your money on machines, people and R&D.

Make America stronger by making your company stronger. Don't ever accept handouts, you can't lead with a leash aroung your neck.

Reply to
vinny

Pretty nifty program, eh?

To be fair, you've had more UG training in the last week than you've had Mastercam training in your entire life.....

Reply to
Joe788

Vinny,

You will learn to work in a happy little vacuum. There are less that an hand full of users here. One person will demand specifics over and over. You will not provide enough specifics. You will (are) deemed worthless by that person. This person years later will still not be using it. You will continue to work in your happy little vacuum. Enjoy it.

-- Bill

Reply to
johnsondick5

Pretty nifty program, eh?

To be fair, you've had more UG training in the last week than you've had Mastercam training in your entire life.....

***** The stuff is a bit bewildering I'll admit....WHAHOOO!!!
Reply to
vinny

Very true

You should be a consultant! They make big $bucks$ What the hell you doin build'in molds?

You'll have to start your own company & country to make that one fly across to USA big business companies, that basically don't give a rats ass about anybody or anything except their personal $agenda's$ , making the bean counters $happy$ , the corporation look likes its $profitable$, by cutting all labor in US, importing forgien made crap at 1/3cost, pocketing 1/3, selling at 1/3 profit, till some big ass imbezzels $millions$, gets a gaint bonus,gets off scott free by escaping to some nice carribian beach sucking down cold ones & watching the tide roll in. We're F.....ed in this country with donkeys & eleaphants in charge. Time to start looking somwhere else?

OK I'll shut up, & get ready for work now. Allot of people depend on me to go work & so I can contribute to their well being. I need a government bailout now .............. Thank You! ............ Oh if your using masterscam, I'm sorry. \|||/ (o o) ______.oOO-(_)-OOo.____________________ ~ Gil ~ the CIMATRON king

Reply to
milgil

Didn't you say every CADCAM program was the basically the same (sucks) and Windows was the problem?

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Maybe. What's your point? We should have an operating system made just for cad/cam, and not one made for home multimedia? And they all are the same in thier price class. Mastercam, smartcam, surfcam, all the same. Unigraphics, Pro e, delcam, all the same.

Reply to
vinny

Not point but rather points.

There their not all the same.

That Windows isn't the problem.

That an alternative to running CADCAM on Windows exists but that it won't be adopted by many although it should.

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Not point but rather points.

There their not all the same. (sure they are)

That Windows isn't the problem. (windows and the p4 chip are not designed around databases, and considering a cad/cam program is basically a database program....)

That an alternative to running CADCAM on Windows exists but that it won't be adopted by many although it should. (bad marketing idea if they would)

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
vinny

.

Whadaya use to sharpen those points? Its important to have sharp points, ya know.

What? paper & pencil OS? that aint so bad ya know. Never crashes, no power requirements, wide operating temp. range, virus free, multi uses, & the best is you can use in the bathroom if necessary. I'll be happy when its voice controlled like voice dail on cell phones / TBT GPS's: Get 1/2 TIALN end mill. Mill pocket 1..................... Pocket 1 already pre defined as the kick ass roughing routine usein the max RPM relatated to the tool size SFM, max chip load/tooth- shit fly'n everywhere. (oh oh Boss is coming..) MILL POCKET BOSS: predefined routine to air cut with all coolent blasting so you cant see shit, fancy 3D shaded graphics, Large display DRO with all 3 axis helixing- when boss comes up he's happy- machine is running! No shit, I've seen guys do this.

MF'er whats next 2001 space odidity(david bowie) Good morning Hal I'm sorry Hal, I cannot give you a BJ, how bout a JB?

Oh if yer still us'in Mscam - good luck with that.

\|||/ (o o) ______.oOO-(_)-OOo.____________________ ~ Gil ~ the HOLDZEM=A9=AE king

Reply to
cncmillgil

Siemens specializes in bad marketing and great product development:

Jon Banquer San Diego, CA

Reply to
jon_banquer

Bad marketing, a corporation with sales in the hundreds of billions of dollars per year, nearly 500,000 employees world wide?

Just look at what they did with the Solid Edge Synch-Tech roll out, they got people to buy the product without ever seeing anything more than a canned demo, glossy advertisements and a great marketing ploy. And to top it off what the customer received was Solid Edge without much hyped Synch-Tech.

Don't know marketing..........LOL.....they got people to drop their existing CAD program disks in the trash and buy Solid Edge with nothing more than a canned demo and a promise to deliver a product and upgrades at a future date......

[ Subject: My visit to the Solid Edge Synchronous roll out seminar in northern calif.

I paid for my special offer upgrade when i walked in the door... they glanced at my Inventor discs....SE 20 will be mailed to me tomorrow...and the new SE21 or whatever with synch will arrive later..

. i asked about when.... august? they smiled and hinted that it may be a bit later... my guess after talking with them.. sept or oct... august is probably optimistic.

Upgrades were said to be included at no charge by the vendor, I signed a letter agreeing to accept the upgrades..it did not mention a cost either way, she said no cost... i guess i trust her..

]-Phil Scott 6-25-2008

[ Its sycchronous technology is good for parts, and part assemblies but *not if you have piping included, that has to be in SE plain vanilla, meaning a system that includes a lot of pipe and wiring is non sychronous.

I wish that had been discussed in their promo...

] Phil Scott 6-13-2009

"I paid for my special offer upgrade when i walked in the door... " "SE 20 will be mailed to me tomorrow..." "and the new SE21 or whatever with synch will arrive later.." "sept or oct"

"I signed a letter agreeing to accept the upgrades..it did not mention a "cost either way"

"meaning a system that includes a lot of pipe and wiring is non sychronous.

I wish that had been discussed in their promo..."

Sure Jon, sure, LOL,

-- Tom

brewertr

Considering I just use the stuff and own no stock whatsoever in the company, who the hell cares? If they make a kickass product..good enough for me. lets call it a sekret club.

[...]

\|||/ (o o) ______.oOO-(_)-OOo.____________________ ~ Gil ~ the HOLDZEM©® king

Iv'e always thought voice driven APT was the way to go. And im totally serious.

Reply to
vinny

Another shining example of Jon's infinite black hole of stupidity and ignorance. Just like his chastising of Cimatron for having their annual sales dip a bit during a global economic downturn.

Reply to
Joe788