Knurling a (not round) part profile on a mill?

Has anyone ever put a diamond knurl on the profile of a (not round) part on a mill?
I was thinking about making a couple tool holders to mount a left and
right hand knurl wheel on a shoulder screw or something and run it back and forth around a part shape. Two separate tools in the carousel I mean, an up and a down. To create a bit of a knurl on the outside of a part shape. Anybody here ever try this?
Has anyone ever put a diamond knurl on the profile of a (not round) part on a mill?
I was thinking about making a couple tool holders to mount a left and right hand knurl wheel on a shoulder screw or something and run it back and forth around a part shape. Two separate tools in the carousel I mean, an up and a down. To create a bit of a knurl on the outside of a part shape. Anybody here ever try this?

NO but one of our contractors can do it with any milling cutter....
Some surfaces we feel would produce a tune if we spun them on a platen with a stylus.

When presented with a "sample part" which has a noticably coarse finish there's always a good chuckle to be had in telling the potential customer that your not sure if you can actually duplicate a finish that's that rough...