Micrometer on Craigslist

PrecisionmachinisT

"PrecisionmachinisT" fired this volley in news:D_Kdnejdj64umVjMnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@scnresearch.com:

You posted that, didn't you? What an evil (funny as HELL) thing! I'll bet you sell it.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I remember seeing adjustable wrenches with size markings. Thought it was a stupid idea then and now.

Reply to
Steve W.

Har!

I didn't sell my spiffy used survival knife on Craigslist (the buyer never showed) so it's back up on eBay. Think I'll sell it?

Larry Jaques

Yesterday my customer asked me if I knew anything about mechanic tools ... and in the end I came home with a nice OLD Starrett dial indicator with most of the pieces still in the wooden box with the slide top . It was his dad's , and he wanted to be sure it didn't end up in the trash . Action is smooth as silk , and there's only a couple of pieces missing/broken . It'll go well with the one just like it that I already have .

Reply to
Snag

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Saved!!!!

Bravo!!!

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Let me know what parts are missing/broken and Ill dig em out and ship em to you.

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Good find....

I have a few in plunger back and so forth in starrett, lufkin, etc but for the most I part hardly ever use them anymore--main exception being your garden variety 2in diameter 1in travel indicator, all of which had gone to hell on me over the pase couple of decades and so recently I finally broke down and bought several off ebay, I've put round magnets onto the bottoms, they're very handy to set onto the rear of lathe cross slide when creeping up on diameter or onto the mill table when checking a reamer for runout and the like.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

This was a suggested purchase at the bottom of his listing:

Michael A. Terrell

Well..the Swish do allow gays in their military....er..Swiss....

Reply to
Gunner Asch

volley

I thought they were having a special for left coast liberals? They would be proud to own something like that.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

OBTW, I've had a Victorinox Classic in my pocket every day for the past 30 or so years. They're very handy knives (when they're red, black, or blue. ;) I'm carrying a semi-real knife nowadays, too. (Frost Airforce Tactical, meh. It needs serrations.)

What's the best tool to add serrations to a plane ol' Chinee stainless steel blade?

4" HF cutoff disc and diamond cone hone?
Reply to
Larry Jaques

How about a large bread knife from dollar tree? If you damage it, toss it and whip out a new blade. :)

I carry a Camlius Electrician's knife, the same that was issued to US Army parachute riggers.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Since I lost my single blade Victorinox in the late '80s, I have been carrying my father's poket knife (he carried it for at least thirty years) it is marked with c8c on one side of the large (2 3/8") blade and M11 over GERMANY on the other side.

Reply to
geraldrmiller

Gunner Asch on Sat, 22 Jun 2013 14:01:34 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Or for your girlfriend(s).

OTOH, most likely it isn't going to go walkies at work.

pyotr filipivich