What is a Miller Matic 35 worth?

Thinking of replacing my old Miller Matic 35.

I bought it new in about 74, and actually used it very little. I would estimate no more than 500 hours over the years, tops. Still works as good as ever, and even has a new Tweco gun with less than 2 hours on it.

How much should it be worth?

Reply to
Maxwell

Where are you located, and how much do you want for it?

Id not mind having one.

Whatcha want, and what its worth may be different.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Just trying to figure out a fair asking price. It's located in Tulsa, OK.

Reply to
Maxwell

In excellent shape, around $1000. They are great machines. Nice smooth arc on sheet metal. The current equivalent would be a Millermatic 252.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

And don't let them wear you down. Those are GOOD machines, and it sounds like it has a lot of life left in it. Most 35's are worn out from shop use, and one that has been lightly used by a hobbyist like you should be in high demand by someone who knows what they are looking at. Stay firm at $1,000 particularly if you are throwing in any extras.

I'd pay that much for it if I didn't have a new Lincoln. I paid about $750 for that one, and would have happily sprung for the extra for a 35.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

comps:

Grant

Reply to
Grant Erwin

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message news:oP02k.3663$hH.3530@trndny07...

Thanks for the information guys. I really had no idea.

Reply to
Maxwell

Sorry, but I would not consider any of those to be in "excellent" shape.

YMMV.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

The last one..the Miller and Marquette....I wonder how long the shop had been under water?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner