looking for a right angle head for a CNC 50 taper machine.

Anyone have one or know where I can get a cheap one? (cheap being used, not new)
needs to be able to handle a facemill, so a single taper adapter would
be best.

Poor mans version : - or you gotta a lot of time on your hands version:
Make an adpater flange & use a Bridgeport right angle head. You said cheap. I did that one years ago ........... ya around early 80's - my plan was for all bridgeport attachments to fit a 45taper Cincinnati 10V2000. At the time ,there was virtually no one making that kind of stuff.
You may need to make a special holder to accept an R-8 some how. I used the "quillmaster" head. It hooked up with a 1/2" shaft. - so drill hole thru housing & flange for allen wrench access. The other was a spindle multiplyer - flat belt drive. I tried those adjustable right angle heads - aint worth a shit. So choose a holder to modify, get the OD sizes in the machine- for ID of the adapter flange, pick a OD size about the od of the spindle face ring. Hopefully it can be removed? otherwise ? Get the idea? When its all assembled DO NOT HIT THE TOOL UNCLAMP! bad things will happen.
-- ~g~
cncmillgil wrote:

The guy is looking for a right angle head. Pretty tough in 50 taper.
Turn him on to one. Otherwise, your bs is worthless.
--
John R. Carroll

'Export Notice: This Document may contain Export-Controlled Technical
I got those links from Bottle Bob while ago. They are probably too pricy but have a look.
http://news.thomasnet.com/fullstory/493668
http://news.thomasnet.com/fullstory/11282
Jerry