Anyone going to IMTS?

My father and I go every time. He's been going since the mid 60s IIRC.

Reply to
Steve Mackay

Alright! way to go! You may be the winner! I've missed a few when they were every 2yrs. you mean people are still interested in this shit? manufacturers are investing in new state of the art equipt? even going to a show to "kick the tires" not just getting sucked in by some pretty boy sales looser giving "deals on wheels"? Hey ya get good deals on show machines! (hopefully not crashed) For entertainment at IMTS, in the cafeteria they should have the YouTube cnc crashes playing on a big screen.

Reply to
cncmillgil

cncmillgil wrote in news:447e9fd6-8daf-4c57-8ab6- snipped-for-privacy@i13g2000yqd.googlegroups.com:

I wish. I have to work it. With any luck I'll get a few hours off to wander around. I usually try and take a 1/2 day during set-up to wander around too, but it ain't the same.

I'll be in 9410 in the South Hall again.

Stop by.

No mills in the booth this year though.

Reply to
D Murphy

I am going on Friday.

Ignoramus4078

I'll be there the 13th and 14th. I'll stop by to say hi.

Reply to
Cross-Slide

are you involved in selling those high end lathes? After that video...samsung sucks. lol

But it is new, and new kicks ass for a while. It's the kia sportage of machine tools. That thing in your video is like a loaded bmw.

Reply to
vinny

Does going in spirit count?

We will be there in the form of a drill mounted to a Kentucky Gauge / Hymark machine. But as far as bodily attendance? No. I wish I could...

Someone shoot me some photos or video of my drill out there, eh? Daddy wants to see his kid at the game but has to work.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Tapping:
Site:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Ya should be able to get in Fri w/o a problem. Everyone is feed up with the weeks heckticity. Pack up & bug out! Wed/Thur ? some will still have "life" left in them.

So the "high points" to see would be? Lathes? CAD/CAM? who's giving away shit? t-shirts hats Come on sales & marketing guys! awe f*ck who ever is closest to the beer is where I'd be headquartered out of. be sure to bring a wad to blow - $5-6 a cup? ya like 8.5oz WTF? better off tailgating at solder field - pre bears ceremony!

Reply to
cncmillgil

I haven't been brewing a whole lot lately but I do have a couple batches going--an aged barley wine which has been under airlock for nearly 2 years now about 1/2 of which will be going into a corny possibly this evening with the remainder going into 22oz bottles, and there's an imperial stout in the primary that my youngest son and I brewed up a couple weeks ago thats about finished--will probably take a reading and rack to secondary and put in the fridge for a couple weeks let it clear up some more...probably bottle the whole thing..

Also, I'm going to be making several batches of blackberry wine in the next few months-- I simply couldn't resist since the amount and quality of ripe fruit we have this year is waay above average--I've got the harvest routine almost down to a science--getting 2 lbs of fruit for 10 minutes or so of effort....clipping off the entire berry clusters with felco pruners and setting into a wheelbarrow, removing the individual berries from the cluster into buckets later....

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

We'll be showing the EZ-Comp / X System in the DMG/Mori Seiki (S-8900) booth. It will transferring tool geometry and tool wear data from a tool presetter and CMM to multiple machines in the booth. We'll also be in the Caron Engineering booth (E-5322). Hope to connect with some of you!

- - Best Regards

Paul Sevin Ovation Engineering, Inc.

P7

Do they interface with Hurco?

Reply to
cncmillgil

"vinny" wrote in news:i5g1g7$96p$1 @news.eternal-september.org:

Yup. I used to teach people how to program, set up and operate them and I ran the engineering dep't for for a bunch of years before I crossed over to the dark side.

Nah, like I said, they are a decent middle of the road lathe.

We have much cooler older stuff too.

Reply to
D Murphy

Best booth: Ingersoll cutting tools------- String Quartet- Dancing Girls - BEER!

Reply to
cncmillgil

Best booth: Ingersoll cutting tools------- String Quartet- Dancing Girls - BEER!

****** The owner of the shop Im at went wednesday, thursday he came back and let the programmer go. Says he bought a cnc edm and a robot for the mill/edm interface. So now we are expanding into another room, pumping up computers etc... Looks like it might be an exciting end of the year...I hope.
Reply to
vinny