Anyone going to IMTS?

My father and I go every time. He's been going since the mid 60s IIRC.

Reply to
Steve Mackay

Alright! way to go! You may be the winner! I've missed a few when they were every 2yrs. you mean people are still interested in this shit? manufacturers are investing in new state of the art equipt? even going to a show to "kick the tires" not just getting sucked in by some pretty boy sales looser giving "deals on wheels"? Hey ya get good deals on show machines! (hopefully not crashed) For entertainment at IMTS, in the cafeteria they should have the YouTube cnc crashes playing on a big screen.

Reply to
cncmillgil

cncmillgil wrote in news:447e9fd6-8daf-4c57-8ab6- snipped-for-privacy@i13g2000yqd.googlegroups.com:

I wish. I have to work it. With any luck I'll get a few hours off to wander around. I usually try and take a 1/2 day during set-up to wander around too, but it ain't the same.

I'll be in 9410 in the South Hall again.

Stop by.

No mills in the booth this year though.

Reply to
D Murphy

I am going on Friday.

Ignoramus4078

See you at the show again this year Dan

db

Reply to
Dave B

Yep, but only for Thursday and Friday. I get numb after two days, and if I stay longer I have to find space at home to put all the "follow-up" mail that comes from the Vendors that scanned my card/badge thingy.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario.

Reply to
Brian Lawson

I'll be there the 13th and 14th. I'll stop by to say hi.

Reply to
Cross-Slide

Wow Canada ! any international? I don't think so?? Probably S America like Brazil the farthest or should I say fartest So Thur would be the best day or Tue? for sure not Fri?

--

Reply to
cncmillgil

Sadly, paper makes p*ss poor firewood for heating.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

are you involved in selling those high end lathes? After that video...samsung sucks. lol

But it is new, and new kicks ass for a while. It's the kia sportage of machine tools. That thing in your video is like a loaded bmw.

Reply to
vinny

Does going in spirit count?

We will be there in the form of a drill mounted to a Kentucky Gauge / Hymark machine. But as far as bodily attendance? No. I wish I could...

Someone shoot me some photos or video of my drill out there, eh? Daddy wants to see his kid at the game but has to work.

Regards, Joe Agro, Jr. (800) 871-5022

01.908.542.0244 Automatic / Pneumatic Drills:
Spindle Drills:
Tapping:
Site:
V8013-R
Reply to
Joe AutoDrill

Ya should be able to get in Fri w/o a problem. Everyone is feed up with the weeks heckticity. Pack up & bug out! Wed/Thur ? some will still have "life" left in them.

So the "high points" to see would be? Lathes? CAD/CAM? who's giving away shit? t-shirts hats Come on sales & marketing guys! awe f*ck who ever is closest to the beer is where I'd be headquartered out of. be sure to bring a wad to blow - $5-6 a cup? ya like 8.5oz WTF? better off tailgating at solder field - pre bears ceremony!

Reply to
cncmillgil

On Sun, 29 Aug 2010 13:02:03 -0700, Dave B scribed:

Yup, I'll be at our booth E-5043 in the East Hall for the duration... Long show! Longer nights!

Hope to see a few RCM'ers there!

Cheers!

Fred Fowler III

Reply to
Phred

Cool. I'll try and get Bob Cupery o a plane.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

I can't carry in Chi town so NO.

Wes

Wes

Holy cow. Are you serious? You wouldn't go to Chicago because they won't let you carry a concealed handgun?

Reply to
Ed Huntress

We'll be showing the EZ-Comp / X System in the DMG/Mori Seiki (S-8900) booth. It will transferring tool geometry and tool wear data from a tool presetter and CMM to multiple machines in the booth. We'll also be in the Caron Engineering booth (E-5322). Hope to connect with some of you!

- - Best Regards

Paul Sevin Ovation Engineering, Inc.

P7

Call it an economic boycott if it makes you feel better.

Wes

Wes

My opinion only Wes, but it is a mistake, IMTS is a very worthwhile event to attend.

Ignoramus4117