Anyone going to IMTS?

There are a lot of worthwile things to do with my time. If IMTS comes to Michigan, maybe it will make the grade. I've been to some trade shows at Cobo in Detroit over the years. You see neat things, collect and trade a lot of biz cards and get a bunch of junk mail.

I'm hoping the Heller case along with the McDonald case brings sanity to Chigago gun laws. I really don't care about carrying in the show since Michigan has a restriction on carrying depending on the size of the venue. I care about the rest of the stay. I've been in places where the good part of town turns in to the bad part of town in just a block or two. Something I wouldn't know about until it was too late if something goes wrong.

Chicago isn't a safe city.

Wes Wes

Wes

Do they interface with Hurco?

Reply to
cncmillgil

Chigago gun laws.

Last time I drove Grand River Boulevard., Detroit didn't look so hot to me! Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Jersey Boy would walk around Chitown without a piece? Ballsy.

-- Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed. -- Storm Jameson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Chigago gun laws.

Expos are always in the grittier parts of the city.

Aw, what's ten murders a _day_ among friends? ;)

-- Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed. -- Storm Jameson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Call it not riding in a car that doesnt have seatbelts and the driver is drunk.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Well, that is better. d8-) My old girlfriend from Wilmette, at 18, could have told you how to get around Chicago without running into trouble. But if it's a personal boycott, then, as Iggy says, it's too bad but that's your prerogative.

Paranoid freakishness seems to be rising on the right.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

It appears you've never been to McCormick Place, especially to IMTS.

Unless you were planning to take a ghetto tour on foot, you'd have nothing to worry about.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Well, it had better years. Da Mayor had his ride stolen and now Jesse J.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

"vinny" wrote in news:i5g1g7$96p$1 @news.eternal-september.org:

Yup. I used to teach people how to program, set up and operate them and I ran the engineering dep't for for a bunch of years before I crossed over to the dark side.

Nah, like I said, they are a decent middle of the road lathe.

We have much cooler older stuff too.

Reply to
D Murphy

Best booth: Ingersoll cutting tools------- String Quartet- Dancing Girls - BEER!

Reply to
cncmillgil

Best booth: Ingersoll cutting tools------- String Quartet- Dancing Girls - BEER!

****** The owner of the shop Im at went wednesday, thursday he came back and let the programmer go. Says he bought a cnc edm and a robot for the mill/edm interface. So now we are expanding into another room, pumping up computers etc... Looks like it might be an exciting end of the year...I hope.
Reply to
vinny