NC Circa 1955

State of the art in 1955 - http://tinyurl.com/yctc8pj (Popular Mechanics article) It's interesting to read the predictions of how the new technology would
someday be used.
Four years later, you can program it with APT - http://tinyurl.com/ybwyzxb
--

Dan

Curse you Dan! I spent too much time on that magazine. They have the equivalent of three years worth of articles in that one issue, compared to today's ratio of 6 pages of article and 145 pages of advertisements. Thanks for the link.

LOL. Then you're going to hate this
(Pop Mech) All the issues from 1905-2005
http://books.google.com/books?id=gtkDAAAAMBAJ
(Pop Sci) All the issues from 1872-March 2009
http://books.google.com/books?id=_icDAAAAMBAJ
Merry Christmas
--

Dan

Yeah, I've wasted most of the afternoon browsing. I scrolled down and the article about Sharpstown brought a laugh or two. I grew up about 5 miles from the shopping center. It didn't come out quite like the rendering. And I don't recall any helicopter pads or heli-commuting. And the streets weren't quite as curved as the plans show. There were a few T ends, jog over a block type arrangements, but with a little practice you could get from Bellaire Blvd. to Old Richmond Road (before it was called Bissonnet) faster than going down Hillcroft.
--
Remove "nospam" to get to me.

Heh. Visions of the future rarely survive contact with reality.
But it's pretty cool having all those back issues on line.
--

Dan