Eureka relieving tool

Hi All I am thinking ogf making a Eureka Relieving tool for machining gear cutters to the Ivan Law design, I have a copy of the drawing. Have any
of you made and used one of these and are there any instructions or an original article I can borrow to copy, Thanks Peter

The website http://www.csparks.com/VanDervoort/index.xhtml
http://www.csparks.com/watchmaking/Balzar.jpg
shows a description of the original tool and mentions that. Lindsay Publications printed a description in "Tool Making 1905".
Alan
On 6 Jul, 19:55, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

I have built one but scaled mine up x 2 so it would hold 1" bore cutters. Used the words and music from the Ivan Law book, gears and gear cutting, it's at the back.
Ironically I have used it quite a lot but never done any gear cutters on it. All my cutters were special form cutters but same principle. They are not hard to make but they are hard to visualise how they work, until you see one working it's a bit of a dark art.
Crap movie here.
http://www.stevenson-engineers.co.uk/files/eureka.mpg
John S.

Agreed: But still good enough to make the idea understandable.

Thanks John
Is all the dope I need in Laws book?
Peter
On Jul 7, 1:07pm, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Thanks for your help to all, I have ordered the book by Ivan Law and am going ahead with making the attachment as I am finding it impossible to buy samll cutters at reasonable prices. Peter