OT# Deficits no concern?

alt.machines.cnc added to distro
Much has been made of the "excessive" us corporate tax rates as a reason for slow economic growth.
The nominal tax rate does not mean a thing if no one [that counts] pays it.
I wonder if H&R Block does their returns????
-------------------- Goldman Sachss Tax Rate Drops to 1%, or $14 Million, for 2008
By Christine Harper
Dec. 16 (Bloomberg) -- Goldman Sachs Group Inc., ==>which got $10 billion and debt guarantees from the U.S. government in October,<== {emphasis added} expects to pay $14 million in taxes worldwide for 2008 compared with $6 billion in 2007.
The companys effective income tax rate dropped to 1 percent from 34.1 percent, New York-based Goldman Sachs said today in a statement. The firm reported a $2.3 billion profit for the year after paying $10.9 billion in employee compensation and benefits. <snip> -------------- http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid 601087&sid=aznONFlyupOI&refer=home Unka' George [George McDuffee] ------------------------------------------- He that will not apply new remedies, must expect new evils: for Time is the greatest innovator: and if Time, of course, alter things to the worse, and wisdom and counsel shall not alter them to the better, what shall be the end?

What about those commercials saying they can negotiate your tax debt with the IRS. "we owed 11,000$, and only paid 1000$, thank's tax doodles!" lol
I was watching one yesterday and after like 10 couples holding up signs showing what they owed and what they paid, the last one said "we owed 1 million and only paid 11,000"
I spit my damn drink out. wtf?
vinny@work wrote:

VIVA LOS VINNY!!1!
--