OT# Deficits no concern?

alt.machines.cnc added to distro

Much has been made of the "excessive" us corporate tax rates as a reason for slow economic growth.

The nominal tax rate does not mean a thing if no one [that counts] pays it.

I wonder if H&R Block does their returns????

-------------------- Goldman Sachs?s Tax Rate Drops to 1%, or $14 Million, for 2008

By Christine Harper

Dec. 16 (Bloomberg) -- Goldman Sachs Group Inc., ==>which got $10 billion and debt guarantees from the U.S. government in October,

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

What about those commercials saying they can negotiate your tax debt with the IRS. "we owed 11,000$, and only paid 1000$, thank's tax doodles!" lol

I was watching one yesterday and after like 10 couples holding up signs showing what they owed and what they paid, the last one said "we owed 1 million and only paid 11,000"

I spit my damn drink out. wtf?

Reply to
vinny

VIVA LOS VINNY!!1!