OT: metalworking jewelery

*** warning -- contains metal related material ***
I came across an ad in the July Scientific American [p101] which may be of interest.
Company is offering mens rings made of tungsten carbide and titanium.
Looks interesting.
company website is http://www.titanium-jewlery.com /
Anybody tried one of these and care to mae a comment??
On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 11:29:43 -0500, F. George McDuffee

SPAM DOES NOT LOOK INTERESTING

Not a company: Domain Name For Sale

On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 17:45:28 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com (Speechless) wrote:

Ive been seeing these rings in various magazines. A bit pricy
Gunner
"If thy pride is sorely vexed when others disparage your offering, be as lamb's wool is to cold rain and the Gore-tex of Odin's raiment is to gullshit in the gale, for thy angst shall vex them not at all. Yea, they shall scorn thee all the more. Rejoice in sharing what you have to share without expectation of adoration, knowing that sharing your treasure does not diminish your treasure but enriches it."
- Onni 1:33
On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 17:45:28 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com (Speechless) wrote:

Not on my computer..link worked fine.

I wonder how they are machined? Pressed? Molded?
Gunner
"If thy pride is sorely vexed when others disparage your offering, be as lamb's wool is to cold rain and the Gore-tex of Odin's raiment is to gullshit in the gale, for thy angst shall vex them not at all. Yea, they shall scorn thee all the more. Rejoice in sharing what you have to share without expectation of adoration, knowing that sharing your treasure does not diminish your treasure but enriches it."
- Onni 1:33
Hey Speechless,
I think George just had a typo slip. Sans the " - " it's not a spam for URL at:
<http://www.titaniumrings.com/
It's rings.
Take care.
Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On Sun, 25 Jun 2006 17:45:28 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com (Speechless) wrote:

How could this be spam? We know _George_. We don't know _you_. If George says he found it in a magazine, (he even cited issue and page of the publication), I have no reason not to believe him. Telling a group of people you know about something commercial, doesn't make it spam. Hey, I had a great sandwich today at George Webb's. Have I just spammed? I don't think so. (I just lied, but that's a different matter; I'm going there later, not already.)

That's because the people who registered the domain used the following spelling: http://www.titanium-jewelry.com /

I just saw the site, but the look nice. Pricy.
"F. George McDuffee" wrote:

F.G.M.:
    A guy at work made some titanium rings that looked pretty good, even after his wearing one of them for over a year. My experience in machining soft tungsten is that it "tears" very easy and leaves a poor finish, probably might be best to rough turn - then grind it. I wonder how brittle a thin ring made out of tungsten carbide would be, could it withstand being repeatedly dropped on concrete, or slapping your hand on a piece of steel?
--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

http://www.justmetal.com/storefront/?utm_id=1
Now this has got to be interesting to make.....
http://www.justmetal.com/storefront/manhattan-b.php?osCsid 4d06d1037e0e129b0025a672358406