Parameter entry Mori Seki SL1 lathe

Another hurtle to overcome in the process of getting this old lathe working. It looks as though the parameters stored in the machine are not correct. I need to change them to inches, type of tape used etc. There is supposed to be a switch number 1 that I have to throw to allow the parameters to be changed. I cannot see the switch. It is supposed to be in the back of the NC cabinet. Any ideas?

Thanks Keith Clark

Reply to
clarkfamily5

Hi Kieth, Above the tape reader or near tape feed switch? Just guessing now, Bart

Reply to
bborb

Keith,

You better not mess with parameters unless you know exactly what you are doing. It is not uncommon for some parameters to be stored in metric even when a machine's units are are set to inch. Back up your parameters off line before you do anything else.

There is a parameter write enable (PWE) switch that does need to be turned on in order for you to make changes to certain protected parameters and turned off when the changes are complete. PWE switch is not normally a very large one and you may have to hunt for it on an integrated circuit board. When the PWE switch is turn on it will cause an alarm.

Tom

snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote:

Reply to
brewertr