plans for novelty items/gifts?

I've been asked to build an item(s) for the Christmas party. They have a
raffle and also give prizes for games, etc. A coin bank was suggested.
Does anyone have a link to plans for unique items that would show off my
machining skills? CNC mill and lathe are available. Thanks,
Randy R
Reply to
Randall Replogle
Very very very nice!
Thanks!
Gunner
Gunner Asch
========== Randy
I just finished drafting up the cribbage board Smid shows in his "CNC Programming Handbook" on the CD in IntelliCad [Autocad v.2004 format]. [Hole spacing was a right b***h]
Features such as the hole locations, "29 outline," index lines, corner rounding locations are all on different layers. Smid sized it for 7 X 9 X 3/4 inch maple, but no reason not to make it out of aluminum. I can see machining except for the "29" outline and "division lines," color anodizing, and then machining the "29 outline" and index lines. I am modifying the arc dims for the older machines/controllers with a 1 quadrant arc length limit if this is a problem.
Send me a good email address is you would like a copy, or I can post to my web site if several people are interested.
F. George McDuffee
Randy:
You could machine a face like this little Hexapod does.
Other possibilities:
2 Headed Coins.
Chinese Puzzle box of of aluminum.
Sphere in a cube. Or a cube in a sphere (I've never seen one of those).
Wedding rings out of Titanium.
Profiled heart for a necklace or of titanium.
Shuriken - Karate throwing stars.
Ninja wall clock
Hand.
Sculpture.
?v=euo8IKf2CuQ&NR=1
Reply to
BottleBob
en one of those).
Ive always wanted to make the deer figures scaled down from the 4X8 plywood pattern, to say small ones for the desk, out of 1/8 Al? I have the full size DXF if anyone is interested. Its the 8pc pattern with antlers,legs one deer up & one down eating? The Wife's been buging me for years to make some for the yard, but last year she found a pair at a garage sale- cheap!. Yah I'm off the hook! Hmmm The Ti things have me thinking, gotta whole bin of scrap.
BR
Gil
Reply to
cncmillgil
Cute! I've wanted to do a face just for fun but I'd need some 3D files.
Yeah, I did one of these when I first started CNC.
I made the kids titanium initial rings for Christmas a few years ago. Maybe they'll appreciate them when I'm gone. :)
I work at a University...probably wold get fired for bringing a "weapon".....
Thanks, Bob
Reply to
Randall Replogle
You could CNC male and female forms for the hull and deck then press out as many boats as you wanted!
Where to find some 16-24 gauge annealed brass sheet? Hmmm.
CNC your forms out of steel and press the boats from 0.01" galvanized valley flange?
Check out the 'tea caddy' submarine on the bottom of the page!
Or maybe just one die per part?

--Winston
Reply to
Winston
========= click on
to download Smid's cribbage board as cribb29.pdf, cribb29.dwg which is my layout in AutoCAD/InteliCAD v.2004 with hole spacing and cnc dimensions such as start/end and center points for the arcs and graduations. Lots of layers. I couldn't figure out a way to get a tabular listing of the peg hole locations, but you can pick these off using [PITA but doable]
Also came across another 2 player pegboard straight layout that I included as a dxf file.
You will need winzip, pkunzip, etc. to extract to pdf,dwg, and dxf files.
If you are into cnc browse the page where the cribb.zip file is located for more "stuff"
F. George McDuffee
If you downloaded cribb.zip and found it was empty, try again. I just uploaded again to the server and it now seems to have the three files in it. ==============
F. George McDuffee
======== some days it don't pay to get out of bed....
try
note the two bs.
F. George McDuffee
Randy:
Here's a Turners Cube. The machine may be a little overkill for this job. LOL
Or if you had more time, you could try to make one of these:
And if you had a *LOT* more time:
BottleBob

Site Timeline