plans for novelty items/gifts?

I've been asked to build an item(s) for the Christmas party. They have a raffle and also give prizes for games, etc. A coin bank was suggested.
Does anyone have a link to plans for unique items that would show off my machining skills? CNC mill and lathe are available. Thanks, Randy R
Randall Replogle wrote:

Randy:
    Here's a guy that makes different keychain cubes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_8zVfUqAds

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Very very very nice!
Thanks!
Gunner

Cool. And some interesting boxes. RR
Randall Replogle wrote:

Pop Pop Boats!
http://www.nmia.com/~vrbass/pop-pop/buildpop.htm
--Winston
--

On YouTube, all the tools have volume controls.

Winston wrote:

I've wanted to make one of those since I saw one in my Cub Scout book. RR
Randall Replogle wrote:

You could CNC male and female forms for the hull and deck then press out as many boats as you wanted!
Where to find some 16-24 gauge annealed brass sheet? Hmmm.
CNC your forms out of steel and press the boats from 0.01" galvanized valley flange?
Check out the 'tea caddy' submarine on the bottom of the page! http://www.ganoksin.com/borisat/nenam/practical-die-forming.htm
Or maybe just one die per part? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroforming
--Winston
--

On YouTube, all the tools have volume controls.

Randall Replogle wrote:

Look at: http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4606361.pdf
And post pics in the dropbox when you build it.
Pete C. wrote:

Cool. Bookmarked. RR
On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 19:54:06 -0500, Randall Replogle

=========Randy
I just finished drafting up the cribbage board Smid shows in his "CNC Programming Handbook" on the CD in IntelliCad [Autocad v.2004 format]. [Hole spacing was a right b***h]
Features such as the hole locations, "29 outline," index lines, corner rounding locations are all on different layers. Smid sized it for 7 X 9 X 3/4 inch maple, but no reason not to make it out of aluminum. I can see machining except for the "29" outline and "division lines," color anodizing, and then machining the "29 outline" and index lines. I am modifying the arc dims for the older machines/controllers with a 1 quadrant arc length limit if this is a problem.
Send me a good email address is you would like a copy, or I can post to my web site if several people are interested.
Randall Replogle wrote:

Randy:
    You could machine a face like this little Hexapod does.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quN37YskoaM

    Other possibilities:
    2 Headed Coins.
    Chinese Puzzle box of of aluminum.
    Sphere in a cube. Or a cube in a sphere (I've never seen one of those).
    Wedding rings out of Titanium.
    Profiled heart for a necklace or of titanium.
    Shuriken - Karate throwing stars. http://tinyurl.com/yebrsvs
    Ninja wall clock (Amazon.com product link shortened)
    Hand.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrk6wqcB54g

    Sculpture.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
bh2SUeGHI&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euo8IKf2CuQ&NR=1

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob

Ive always wanted to make the deer figures scaled down from the 4X8 plywood pattern, to say small ones for the desk, out of 1/8 Al? I have the full size DXF if anyone is interested. Its the 8pc pattern with antlers,legs one deer up & one down eating? The Wife's been buging me for years to make some for the yard, but last year she found a pair at a garage sale- cheap!. Yah I'm off the hook! Hmmm The Ti things have me thinking, gotta whole bin of scrap.
BR
Gil
BottleBob wrote:

Cute! I've wanted to do a face just for fun but I'd need some 3D files.

Yeah, I did one of these when I first started CNC.

I made the kids titanium initial rings for Christmas a few years ago. Maybe they'll appreciate them when I'm gone. :)

I work at a University...probably wold get fired for bringing a "weapon".....

Thanks, Bob
BottleBob wrote:

Randy:
    Here's a Turners Cube. The machine may be a little overkill for this job. LOL
http://tinyurl.com/yze4la8
    Or if you had more time, you could try to make one of these:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_TeYqvpk-A&NR=1&feature=fvwp

    And if you had a *LOT* more time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jg0k7zDsB8w

--
BottleBob
http://home.earthlink.net/~bottlbob
BottleBob wrote:

Yeah, I might make a couple of these...nice for paperweights.

Cool....anyone got the plans? But I could get fired for taking weapons onto campus :)

I only have 4 or 5 weeks......
RR
On Sat, 14 Nov 2009 19:54:06 -0500, Randall Replogle

========click on http://mcduffee-associates.us/PE/CRIB.ZIP to download Smid's cribbage board as cribb29.pdf, cribb29.dwg which is my layout in AutoCAD/InteliCAD v.2004 with hole spacing and cnc dimensions such as start/end and center points for the arcs and graduations. Lots of layers. I couldn't figure out a way to get a tabular listing of the peg hole locations, but you can pick these off using <list> [PITA but doable]
Also came across another 2 player pegboard straight layout that I included as a dxf file.
You will need winzip, pkunzip, etc. to extract to pdf,dwg, and dxf files.
If you are into cnc browse the page where the cribb.zip file is located for more "stuff"
If you downloaded cribb.zip and found it was empty, try again. I just uploaded again to the server and it now seems to have the three files in it. ============On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 17:28:36 -0600, F. George McDuffee

still getting a corrupt zip file message...
On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 20:33:12 -0600, cavelamb
=======some days it don't pay to get out of bed....
try
http://mcduffee-associates.us/PE/CRIBB.ZIP
note the two bs.