plans for novelty items/gifts?

I've been asked to build an item(s) for the Christmas party. They have a raffle and also give prizes for games, etc. A coin bank was suggested. Does anyone have a link to plans for unique items that would show off my machining skills? CNC mill and lathe are available. Thanks, Randy R

Reply to
Randall Replogle

Randy:

Here's a guy that makes different keychain cubes.

BottleBob

Pop Pop Boats!

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Very very very nice!

Thanks!

Gunner

Gunner Asch

Look at:

And post pics in the dropbox when you build it.

Reply to
Pete C.

========== Randy

I just finished drafting up the cribbage board Smid shows in his "CNC Programming Handbook" on the CD in IntelliCad [Autocad v.2004 format]. [Hole spacing was a right b***h]

Features such as the hole locations, "29 outline," index lines, corner rounding locations are all on different layers. Smid sized it for 7 X 9 X 3/4 inch maple, but no reason not to make it out of aluminum. I can see machining except for the "29" outline and "division lines," color anodizing, and then machining the "29 outline" and index lines. I am modifying the arc dims for the older machines/controllers with a 1 quadrant arc length limit if this is a problem.

Send me a good email address is you would like a copy, or I can post to my web site if several people are interested.

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

F. George McDuffee

Randy:

You could machine a face like this little Hexapod does.

Other possibilities:

2 Headed Coins.

Chinese Puzzle box of of aluminum.

Sphere in a cube. Or a cube in a sphere (I've never seen one of those).

Wedding rings out of Titanium.

Profiled heart for a necklace or of titanium.

Shuriken - Karate throwing stars.

Ninja wall clock
Hand.
Sculpture.
?v=euo8IKf2CuQ&NR=1

Reply to
BottleBob

en one of those).

Ive always wanted to make the deer figures scaled down from the 4X8 plywood pattern, to say small ones for the desk, out of 1/8 Al? I have the full size DXF if anyone is interested. Its the 8pc pattern with antlers,legs one deer up & one down eating? The Wife's been buging me for years to make some for the yard, but last year she found a pair at a garage sale- cheap!. Yah I'm off the hook! Hmmm The Ti things have me thinking, gotta whole bin of scrap.

BR

Gil

Reply to
cncmillgil

Might be illegal.

Reply to
Cliff

Cool. And some interesting boxes. RR

Reply to
Randall Replogle

I've wanted to make one of those since I saw one in my Cub Scout book. RR

Reply to
Randall Replogle

Cool. Bookmarked. RR

Reply to
Randall Replogle

Cute! I've wanted to do a face just for fun but I'd need some 3D files.

Yeah, I did one of these when I first started CNC.

I made the kids titanium initial rings for Christmas a few years ago. Maybe they'll appreciate them when I'm gone. :)

I work at a University...probably wold get fired for bringing a "weapon".....

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Randall Replogle

You could CNC male and female forms for the hull and deck then press out as many boats as you wanted!

Where to find some 16-24 gauge annealed brass sheet? Hmmm.

CNC your forms out of steel and press the boats from 0.01" galvanized valley flange?

Check out the 'tea caddy' submarine on the bottom of the page!

Or maybe just one die per part?

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

========= click on

to download Smid's cribbage board as cribb29.pdf, cribb29.dwg which is my layout in AutoCAD/InteliCAD v.2004 with hole spacing and cnc dimensions such as start/end and center points for the arcs and graduations. Lots of layers. I couldn't figure out a way to get a tabular listing of the peg hole locations, but you can pick these off using [PITA but doable]

Also came across another 2 player pegboard straight layout that I included as a dxf file.

You will need winzip, pkunzip, etc. to extract to pdf,dwg, and dxf files.

If you are into cnc browse the page where the cribb.zip file is located for more "stuff"

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

F. George McDuffee

Unka' George [George McDuffee]

F. George McDuffee

still getting a corrupt zip file message...

Reply to
cavelamb

======== some days it don't pay to get out of bed....

try