Plater

I'm looking for a plater, preferably in California that does black matte chrome, or black nickel matte finish.
I have a source in southern Cal. for the black chrome but they don't do it on a
regular basis, ordering chemicals on an as needed basis, so it's both expensive and requires a relatively long lead time. I've used a N. Cal. shop for black nickel, but they are more a decorative plater, so asking them for .0003 of plating can be interesting.
Black oxide isn't acceptable to my customer but they are open to other dull black coatings, any ideas?
Best, Steve
--

Regards,
Steve Saling
Garlicdude wrote:

Zinc and Black Passivate? Most of the commercial platers over here offer it.
Wayne...
Wayne Weedon wrote:

Wayne, We've discussed black zinc, but they want something harder. Black passivate, sounds like passivation gone wrong, but can you fill me in a bit?
Thanks, Steve
--

Regards,
Steve Saling
Garlicdude wrote:

Same as Zinc and Yellow pass, zinc and Clear etc. Except it's black! More decorative though I guess.
I'm not at my platers til next week so I don't know what drawbacks it may have, or other ideas they may have. They do have a fulltime chemist there, so he may know.
I always wondered what the hell Black Chrome was or more precisely how they did it. Never seemed to last well on Jap Bike exhausts anyway. Suzuki had a thing for it in the 80's. My Morini 500 had something similar.
Wayne...