Small dia radius cutters

I'm pulling out what's remaining of my hair looking for a small radius cutter or mill.

The part needs a couple of full radius grooves .020/.030 wide by .020/.030 deep. I bought a 1/32" cutter, overlooking that it was going to be 1/16" wide. Must have been the aftereffects of too much wine (or garlic).

Anyway, I can get a .7mm wide x 25mm OD cutter from Alouette Tool in NY, but they get them from Switzerland and it's 3 to 4 weeks. I've gone through all the local suppliers, but nobody carries anything even close.

No, I can't use a ball mill, it's kind of a long reach. We can't plunge with a center cut e/mill because we don't have the length. Besides, I've got 500 to make and I don't want to babysit the part.

Does anyone have any idea who would have something like this, either in stock or in a short delivery?

Reply to
Tom Accuosti

Tom, How about Robb Jack:

Garlicdude

310-325-6262 Ask for Danny. Be prepared to FAX exactly what you want and tell him I sent you. He has a guy that does 24-48 hour turnarounds on custom tooling. Solid carbide PCD coared as a rule, but they will do whatever you need. I think the company Danny uses is New Tech, or something like that.
Reply to
John R. Carroll

A guy in Kent, WA can do it. He can grind anything. His name is Jack, and he runs Valley Tool. The phone number is 253-852-8160.

Later,

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Gary

Tom,

How about Harvey Tool? Check them out.......

Look down near the bottom of the page for ball endmills......

Reply to
newg3

Tom,

RobbJack may have short turnaround for formed carbide saws and arbors?

Beege

Reply to
Beege

"Tom Accuosti" wrote in news:ZHJEg.1277 $ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com:

Reply to
D Murphy

Tom, do you have any c axis milling capacity ???

I needs to have a turned part.....about 5/16 dia and 3/8 tall w/ a .015 hex across the flats milled, an appx .040 tall hex projection 'extruded' (for lack of better description) along the z axis--knurled on the major OD...this will be in brass. a 4mm thread goes onto the left end just before you part it off.

I'll try and get some prints out soon.

BTW:

Thinking you might owe Steve an apology for not stopping by--pretty sure he's downright PISSED......

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

Not Pissed at all, but the door is always open to anyone visiting Gilroy, that includes Cliff.

Best, Steve

Reply to
Garlicdude

Need an alibi?