The latest in a band with custom CNC'd instruments

Actually, only parts of the instruments are CNC'd. Most of the stuff is cut, bend and weld, but the electronic chassis and lighting systems tend to be mounted onto CNC'd parts.

This is a video of a party we did on Valentine's Day this year.

kurgan

".... party we did...." ? Are you a member of the group, dude????

Here's a video that gives some background how/what they do, machine-wise. Apparently, they have their own shop, altho they may not do all of their parts.

Sorta like Animusic through hardware instead of software.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Ya, me and my bandmate started it. We're the bald ones. Kurgan isn't my real name.

The Animusic analogy is a good one. When I first saw that it was a bit of a deja vu because we do a similar thing, less complicated, but with real life instruments/sculptures.

Reply to
Kurgan. presented by Gringioni

Do you work for Rabbit Semiconductor as well? We use a fair amount of the "legacy" product.

Reply to
paul

Ya, me and my bandmate started it. We're the bald ones. Kurgan isn't my real name.

The Animusic analogy is a good one. When I first saw that it was a bit of a deja vu because we do a similar thing, less complicated, but with real life instruments/sculptures. ===========================================

Hey Kurgan, y'all got any techno-groupies hanging around yer digs?

You think if I did some of your +/- .100 machining, I could get a few leftovers??

I hear the roadies/entourage of the these rappin muthafuckas make out like bandits!

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

genews: snipped-for-privacy@j18g2000prm.googlegroups.com...

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Our machine shop is really basic compared to all of you on this group. We have a Bridgeport knee mill, a Haas VF-4, a crappy lathe and a Taurin hydraulic tube bender. Solidworks and FeatureCAM.

That's really interesting. Could you point me to a website?

Reply to
Kurgan. presented by Gringioni

We don't work for them. Erik sent them an example of what we were doing and they featured us on their website.

Didn't even get us a single discount!

It's a good product. It's what we use in all our electronics. The main thing for us was that the developer's kit was really easy to learn on.

What's the "legacy" product?

Reply to
Kurgan. presented by Gringioni

We have some girls, but it's not to the point of the roadies getting laid. That's one of my goals (seriously). You know you've made it when the roadies are getting it.

I'll let you know if it ever happens.

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@j18g2000prm.googlegroups.com...

Our machine shop is really basic compared to all of you on this group. We have a Bridgeport knee mill, a Haas VF-4, a crappy lathe and a Taurin hydraulic tube bender. Solidworks and FeatureCAM.

That's really interesting. Could you point me to a website? ============================

Try this:

Proctologically Violated©®

The reason I had asked is that the videos on Youtube were posed by the user "RabbitSemiconductor" We have used the Rabbit PK series products since the early 90's (back in the Z-World days), now we'll be moving to the BL series.

Speaking of Davis, CA (which is where Rabbit is located), Mori Seiki has opened a new R&D Center there. I'll send another post about the Open House.

Reply to
paul

genews: snipped-for-privacy@u39g2000pru.googlegroups.com...

I checked out your website. Which products are you using the Rabbits in?

Reply to
Kurgan. presented by Gringioni

genews: snipped-for-privacy@d25g2000prn.googlegroups.com...

ps.com...

..

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

I'd really like to try one of those out. Used to play electric violin in the band, but we phased it out.

The $4k price tag makes it a bit cost prohibitive at the moment, at least for trying it out.

Reply to
Kurgan. presented by Gringioni

messagenews: snipped-for-privacy@u39g2000pru.googlegroups.co m...

EZ-Comp