Is this group still alive?

Haven't seen a lot of activity here. I've been away for a few months. Is this still used?

Reply to
Pete S

Yes, it's alive. Please don't tell the trolls.

bob prohaska

Reply to
User Bp

Traffic's light. I check in whenever I'm doing Usenet.

I see more traffic on TheForge mailing list than here. Too man people seem to think that Guurgle Gropes == Usenet and never find groups they'd use and like.

Don't give up. Or in Henry Stamper's words, "Never give a inch!"

Reply to
Mike Spencer

I lurk here too.

Reply to
Roy

So Pete, did you have any blacksmithing fun while you were away?

Reply to
Curt Welch

So do I

Reply to
Stuart

Well, not much blacksmithing lately, but we did host a Badger Blacksmiths meeting here a couple of weeks ago. I did a number of demos and showed my "Czech firepot" mounted in a forge table, but didn't fire it up (ran out of time). I am preparing to sell off my collection of trip hammers, so I got an old style 25 Mayer Bros hammer out of the barn, hooked it up to 3 phase power and demonstrated how to evaluate one. See the youtube video I took a little later on that subject:

I have been monkeying around with Arduino microcontrollers lately for my woodgas experiments and I also demonstrated testing and calibrating thermocouples:

Oh yeh, I finally finished the medieval metal chest that I have been working on since April of 2007. I ended up spending 443 hours on it. The whole story is here:

if you have seen this before, just go to the bottom of the page.

Actually, I guess I have pretty much integrated my blacksmithing into my other metalwork. I have forged parts for various other projects needed around the farmstead (thumb for the backhoe, for instance) and for neighbors. Public demonstrations of blacksmithing start at the end of July for us.

What about you all?

Pete Stanaitis

Reply to
Pete S