Demonstrating Machine tools in threshing show blacksmith shops

I do a lot of blacksmithing at historical reenactments and threshing shows to show the visitors "how things used to be done". I really enjoy getting
the visitors interested in what I am doing, but I realize that mostly, their attention spans are limited and what I am trying to portray may not be high on their list. There is always that "it's like watching paint dry" issue, if I try to do a project that takes a long time. So I try to choose things that move along quickly and produce items to which the audience can relate. ----Been doing this for many years and I think I can do it pretty well.
----But, we are in the process of setting up Machine Shop sections within two of the venues that I attend annually. So we are in need of projects for this part of the shops that will keep the audience interest, "wow" them a little and at the same time teach a little. What do you who have machine tools in threshing show blacksmith shops do?
Pete Stanaitis ---------------

Would it be worthwhile forwarding this message to the 7x12 minilathe Yahoo group?
--
*Plain Text* email -- it's an accessibility issue
() no proprietary attachments; no html mail

Interesting. I have never heard the term "threshing show" before. Must be a somewhat regional term.
--
Curt Welch http://CurtWelch.Com/
snipped-for-privacy@kcwc.com http://NewsReader.Com/

Like