Victor/Royal Lathe Oil Question

I have some questions about the lathe I use at work. It is a Victor/ Royal 1640, and the operating manual is written in Chinglish. What I
need to know is if the part where the lead screw and feed bar come out of the gear box is lubricated with gear box oil, or a separate oil reservoir. I ask because when I put oil into what I assume is the oil fill hole for the lead screw and feed bar, the oil level rises in the gear box view port. It makes me wonder why there are two oil fill holes. Do I have a leaky seal inside?
http://tinyurl.com/3zcwryw
Later,
Charlie
Add pictures here
✖

Did I mention the lathe is a Flaming Liberal? OK, I've added the required political content. Answer away.
Add pictures here
✖

Hi Charlie,
One of them is probably a wick lube reservoir for shafts / gears that are located outside of or protrude from the main wet box.
Add pictures here
✖
On Aug 22, 10:02 am, "PrecisionmachinisT"

Hi Sam, Let me begin by expressing my feelings of remorse for not stopping in to visit for too long. Recently every time I'm down your way I have a crowd of rowdy old guys on sport-touring bikes with me, and I don't want to impose my entourage on Julie and you. Next month I'll see what I can do to change that. Anyway, this oil thing on the lathe is one of those things I would love to solve. There was a gear set replaced before I started working here, but I don't know which gears they were, and the one person who does has retired to Central America. I'm told by casual observers the area I'm investigating is where the repair occured, but other than that I have no info on what was fixed. I'm hoping someone is going to chime in with "Oh yeah, I know exactly what your problem is. Here's what you need to do....", but if things go the way they usually do, I'll pioneer the way and be that guy when the next person with this problem asks how to fix it.
Later,
Charlie
Add pictures here
✖
I think Sam is right about sending oil where the sun don't shine. My Cadillacs(Yang) have an extra fill hole, similar to your picture, that I don't know where it goes to. I just pour a little oil in now and then.
--
Remove "nospam" to get to me.

Add pictures here
✖